1.7.98

Chapter 1

Star Trek: Phoenix-X
"The Link's Traitor"

(October 23rd, 2375. On the Phoenix-X, Bridge)
Daniel: Location?
Red: Mark 345, 82.
Gotens: Well, where are they? This is the spot we're supposed to meet.
Ensign Dan: They're Tholians. They're always late. Late to us is early to them.
Armond: Captain, I'm detecting the Tholian flagship. They're heading for us. They're approximately four light years away.
Gotens: It'll take them a couple hours to get here on maximum warp.
Daniel: Helm, make a transwarp jump on my mark.
(Red touches a couple buttons)
Daniel: Engage.
(The Phoenix-X stretches four light years and re-enters normal space)
Gotens: Helm, lay in an intercept course, full impulse.
Tong: Aye, sir.
Daniel (sits): Ugh. Let's get this trade over with.
Gotens: What do Tholians want with eighteen crates of yak cheese anyway?
Daniel: I'm telling you, this is not the kind of mission we should be doing.
Gotens: Expecting something exciting?
Daniel: Yes. Anything is better than this.
Gotens: Anything?
Daniel: Anything.
Armond: Captain, sensors indicate it's a Jem'Hadar Vanguard Dreadnaught Cruiser.
Daniel (stands): What?
Armond: It has a Tholian warp signature but, clearly, it's Jem'Hadar.
Daniel: Were the Dominion luring us?
Gotens: On screen.
(The Jem'Hadar Dreadnaught Hyperion-047 is shown on screen)
Gotens: Maybe they want yak cheese.
Armond: I thought the Federation pushed all of the Jem'Hadar out of the Alpha Quadrant. Just a couple weeks ago, there was a stop to the Dominion War.
Daniel: Obviously, not all the Jem'Hadar are gone...
Armond: We're being hailed.
Daniel (hesitant): Respond. On screen.
(A younger female Changeling, different than the one who negotiated an end to the war, appears on screen)
>Anna: Greetings, Daniel.
Daniel (shock): She's back.
(Beat)
Daniel: Cut communications.
(The screen goes out)
Daniel: Raise shields.
Gotens: Captain, what are you doing?
Daniel: Lock quantum torpedoes.
Armond: Quantum torpedoes locked.
Gotens: Captain, not to sound like I'm on their side but, as Federation officers, we ask questions first and shoot later.
Ensign Dan: We don't even have a motive to fire on them.
Gotens: Captain, I object to this course of action.
Daniel: Fire!
(The Phoenix-X fires torpedoes at the shieldless Hyperion-047. The Jem'Hadar begins to explode in a chain of reactions)
Daniel: Your objection is noted.
Gotens (stares away): How many lives do you think you just killed?
Daniel: You have the Bridge, Commander. 
(The crew watches as he goes into the turbolift. The doors close)
Gotens: Well, he's obviously preoccupied.
Ensign Dan: Maybe he needs a companion?
Armond (leans): He's been seeing Kugo.
Ensign Dan: Really?
Armond: Word spreads fast on this ship.
Gotens: Especially when half of it is Klingon.
Red: And what is that supposed to mean?
Gotens: It means whatever you want it to mean.
Red: Yes, sir.
Armond: Commander, I'm detecting a Federation ship afloat.
Gotens: What? Why didn't we detect this before?

(In Daniel's quarters, he enters the room and liquifies into the bathtub. The doorbell rings)
Daniel (reverts to humanoid): Come in.
Kugo (enters): Daniel?
Daniel: Hey, Kugo.
Kugo: I just witnessed you haste to your quarters.
Daniel (sits): I'm a little stressed.
Kugo: Perhaps I can locate Counsellor Lucricia—
Daniel: No, no. That's not necessary.
(Kugo joins him on the couch)
Daniel: What?
Kugo: I am attempting to be a good listener.
Daniel: Okay, are you sure you're not on duty right now?
Kugo: To my current knowledge, I am sure.
Daniel: Well, it all started 500 years ago, give or take a couple decades...

(February 4th, 1879. In the Gamma Quadrant, on the Changeling homeworld. In the Great Link, one Changeling emerges into humanoid form. He sits on a rock on the island)
Daniel: Gosh.
(A female Changeling forms next to him)
Anna: Why do you prefer taking that man's form?
Daniel: I don't want to talk to you anymore.
Anna: We killed him, you know.
Daniel: I know. He was my friend. He was an El Aurian. Did you destroy his ship too?
Anna: Yes. You imitate his shape very well. You look just like him.
Daniel: I will always be this shape to honour him.
Anna: What was his name?
Daniel: What?
Anna: I want to know his name.
Daniel: ...Daniel.
Anna: Then I will call you Daniel.
Daniel: Whatever.
Anna: We've located the group of El Aurians. They're trying to set up a colony on the third planet.
Daniel: So, who cares?
Anna: Daniel, we need your help to destroy them.
Daniel: No. Daniel was from that colony. He accidentally crash-landed here. And they don't even know we're here.
Anna: They would find out in time.
Daniel: Go away.
(The female Changeling merges back into the link)

(2375. On the Phoenix-X)
Kugo: Your name was from an El Aurian?
Daniel: Not just any El Aurian, my first friend... In a way, I still look like him. The link killed him for trespassing.
Kugo: Oh...
Daniel: My second friend came the next day.

(February 5th, 1879. On the Changeling home world. The El Aurian shuttlecraft Seeker lands on the surface. The Changeling Daniel approaches it. A female El Aurian comes out)
Guinan: Daniel, you're alive!
(She hugs Daniel)
Daniel: I'm not your Daniel.
Guinan (lets go): What are you talking about? Of course you are. You're my husband.
Daniel: I'm an imitation. A copy. I'm a Changeling.
Guinan: I've heard of you people. Well, you look just like Daniel.
Daniel: Are you Guinan...?
Guinan: Yeah. How'd you know?
Daniel: Daniel told me. He was my friend.
Guinan: What do you mean was?
Anna: That's as far as you go, you solid!
Daniel: No. I'm not letting you kill this one too.
Anna: Step aside, Daniel. Your judgment is clouded by anger.
Daniel: No, for once I'm seeing things clearly. Shapeshifters, Changelings, whatever you call us, we're not leaders. We're becoming conquerors.
Anna: Step aside, Daniel.
(The Changeling Daniel swipes Guinan's energy pistol and pushes Guinan into the Seeker)  
Daniel: You step aside!
Anna: No changeling has ever harmed another.
Daniel: Good. Then I guess you won't mind not shooting us down.
(He runs into the Seeker before it takes off into the atmosphere)

(On the Seeker)
Guinan: You saved my life.
Daniel: So far. Let's hope they don't shoot us down. Where are we going??
Guinan: Back to my home.
Daniel: But I thought the Borg chased you from your homeworld?
Guinan: They did. We were lucky to get away. We settled on the fourth planet to the sun here.
Daniel: My people plan to destroy you. You have to get your people off the planet.
Guinan (taps controls): I'll see what I can do.
Daniel: How did you guys get here?
Guinan: What do you mean?
Daniel: The Borg are in the Delta Quadrant. We are in the Gamma Quadrant.
Guinan: We found a wormhole.
Daniel: Really?
Guinan: Yes, but it's unstable. We entered it once. We didn't know it would bring us here.
Daniel: Oh. There are not many wormholes I know of here.
Guinan: For someone who's never left your homeworld before, you seem to know a lot about your space.
Daniel: Other people from the Link sometimes leave the planet. When they join back in, I receive their experiences.
Guinan: Oohh.
(She taps the control panel)
Guinan: Hey, what's going on?
Daniel: What?
Guinan: I don't know a lot about biometric data but, if this is right, I'm getting no life signs on the planet...

(2375. On the Phoenix-X)
Daniel: We didn't get to the planet in time. My people beat us there. If only we had a faster ship, we could've warned them. Like transwarp.
Kugo: I assume your people annihilated all the El Aurians?
Daniel: No. Not all of them. Twenty to thirty ships escaped. Our shuttlecraft eventually stumbled into one of them.

(1879. On the El Aurian starship Waikorva)
Guinan: Uncle!
Nukarn: Ah. My child. You found your husband. Let us set in a course to that wormhole.
Daniel: Don't you want to get revenge on the shapshifters?
Nukarn: No, my son. Revenge is not as important as the lives of our civilization.

(2375. On the Phoenix-X)
Daniel: We never told them I was a Changeling. I looked like Daniel, I smelled like Daniel and I sounded like Daniel. For all he knew, I was Guinan's husband.

(1879. The Waikorva shakes as it zooms through the wormhole)
Guinan: I guess you'll never be able to get home now.
Daniel: Good.
Tobon: Captain! There's a Jem'Hadar recon ship behind us!
(The Waikorva emerges from the wormhole as the Jem'Hadar recon ship Mingata-212 follows)
Nukarn: Where are we?
Tobon: The Alpha Quadrant.

(The Mingata-212 fires on the Waikorva. Suddenly a group of Vulcan scout ships fire upon the Mingata-212 before prompting it into retreat)

(2375. On the Phoenix-X)
Daniel: After that, we became good friends with the Vulcans. Guinan also went off to Earth to study the people there. I lived on Vulcan for a couple hundred years. Until one day I received a transmission...

(January 18th, 1983. On Vulcan, at Daniel's house)
Daniel: It's you!?
>Anna: Daniel, come back.
Daniel: Never.
>Anna: We need you to take over more worlds.
Daniel: I don't care. From this day forward, I promise I will protect worlds from people like you.
>Anna: We will be back.
(Screen goes out)

(2375. On the Phoenix-X)
Daniel: That's when I decided to go to Earth and see Guinan. When I got there, I couldn't find her. After eighty-five years of searching, I moved back to Vulcan. I spent another couple hundred years there, learning to fight, to teach, to be a leader. I soon found out about the United Federation of Planets and joined for the sake of my promise. I joined under the guise that I was a human-Vulcan hybrid, and they accepted. Some secret organization wanted to help me by manipulating my medical records on every check-up. That helped. So I lived on. I met all the greats, from Christopher Pike to James Kirk. But they're all dead now. They never last. Humans don't last, they're short-term friends. Vulcans last, El Aurians last.
Kugo: What about Guinan? Is she dead now?
Daniel: I dunno. If she's not, she'd still be alive today. But there is one friend that hung on to me.
Kugo: Who?
Daniel: It was during a war against an alien species. Captain Laumar Gotens. A Trill. She wasn't even my commanding officer.

(May 12th, 2234. On the planet Flortarios II, two groups are in a shoot-out. Gotens hides behind a rock)
Gotens: Ensign!
Daniel: Sir!?
Gotens: Watch my back!!
Daniel: Aye, Captain!
(Gotens stands and fires toward the enemy. She gets hit by a low-level energy beam)
Daniel: Captain!?
(He drags her into a nearby cave)
Gotens: Ugh.
Daniel: It'll be alright, ma'am.
Gotens: You need to get me, ugh, to Trill—
Daniel: Huh!? What are you talking about?
Gotens (grabs collar): Do this for me! Please!!
Daniel: Al— alright. When the firing stops, I'll take you to the shuttle. Just relax.

(Later at night, as Gotens sleeps)
Daniel (stares at wall): I was right.
(Suddenly, the female Changeling emerges from the cave wall)  
Anna: Daniel.
Daniel (aims): Starfleet phasers are deadly!
Anna: Please, my child, come home. We need you.
Daniel: Not for your ethics. Go away and leave me alone for the rest of my life. Can't you see I'm not one of you?
Anna: My child...
(She merges back into the wall)

(2375. On the Phoenix-X)
Daniel: I took Gotens to Trill. Her home planet. By the time we got to the hospital, the host died. They saved the symbiont in her and I met Rikonen Gotens. I spent a couple years on Trill with my best friend, Rikonen. He and I learned how to play sports there. He said it was an interesting experience for him to have the memories of three other people. But the Federation found me, after a couple years. I was penalized for not reporting for duty. Life went on. I became Lieutenant, then Lieutenant Commander, Commander, Captain and, finally, Admiral. It was inevitable. On an away mission to the moon of Qo'noS, I met a Klingon named Menchez. He saved my life when I got into a fight with a couple Klingons. After a couple decades, Captain Maxwell of the Phoenix went crazy and started ambushing Cardassian science stations, saying they were weapons manufacturers. He was relieved of duty, and I was one of many on-and-off Captains to hold the ship. I met up with Captain Menchez again, this time we got into a little trouble with the Klingon Empire. They thought he was going to ruin relations with the Federation. So I set the record straight. Said he was a good man. In return, he gave the Phoenix his cloaking device. One day I stumbled into an old friend of mine, the Gotens symbiont.
Kugo: Ah, Commander Night?
Daniel: Yeah, Rikonen told me, specifically, that he would never join up with Starfleet again. Here I see his next host doing exactly what he didn't want to do...

(2374. On the Phoenix. Admiral Daniel stands at the Bridge)
Daniel: Red, are we in the Tiloniam system yet?
Red: Affirmative.
Daniel: Good. Commander Avery, start taking sensor readings. Report to me any spatial anomalies, unnatural star fluctuations or anything like that. I'll be in my Ready Room.
Avery: Yeah, whatever. You unstable lazy jelliton man.

(In the Ready Room)
Daniel: Gosh, I despise that human.
Anna: That's because he's a solid, Daniel.
Daniel: What are you doing on my ship!?
Anna: This is not your ship. How long have you been in command of it?
Daniel: Nine months now.
Anna: Not long enough. You do not belong with these solids. The Link has already announced you a traitor. They are planning to destroy you now. I am giving you a chance to come back with me, my child.
Daniel: No! How did you get on my ship?
Anna: Our transporters are more advanced than the Federation's. You don't even read my ship in your sensors. If you were with us, and not these independent solids, you would have this unlimited technology.
Daniel: Leave now, because the next time I see you, I will kill you.
Anna: My—
Daniel: Computer, intruder alert. Security to my Ready Room—
(The female Changeling beams out. The security guards enter the room)
Wallace: What is it?
Daniel: Cancel red alert. Just get back to sensor reading.

(On the Bridge)
Avery: Ah, Admiral. Feeling a little jumpy—
Daniel: Not now, Avery.
Armond: Admiral, I'm detecting a Federation shuttlecraft.
Daniel: Hey, a shuttlecraft. Hail them. Greetings. I am an Admiral. That's all you need to know, so respond now or else.
Armond: Sorry, sir they've jumped to warp.
Daniel: Follow them and open a channel.
Armond: Channel open.
Daniel: Hah! You think you can escape from me? Yeah, right. Like you have a chance. My ship is the fastest in the fleet. Let alone, you are a shuttlecraft. If you don't respond, I will have to ask you to lower your shields and board your little shuttlecraft. Heh, heh. The only thing I ask is an answer. Jeez, these humanoids.

(On the shuttlecraft Lime)
Ensign Dan: Sir, a Starfleet vessel.
Gotens: Really? Here?
Ensign Dan: It's the Phoenix, sir.
Gotens: Full stop.
(The shuttlecraft drops out of warp)
Gotens: Where's the Phoenix?
Ensign Dan: It seems we stopped too late. They're out of sensor range.

(2375. On the Phoenix-X)
Daniel: Anyway, I met up with my old Trill friend. I thought I was rid of that Changeling, but I didn't know what I was in for...

(2374. On the Phoenix, Bridge)
Daniel: Explain yourself.
>Gotens: Sorry. We have been having technical difficulties on the shuttle craft.
Daniel: Well...
Rock: Captain, I'm detecting Jem'Hadar attack cruisers.
>Gotens: Dan, can you confirm that?
>Ensign Dan: Affirmative. I'm detecting ten Jem'Hadar ships off the port bow.

(The Jem'Hadar attack ship Lyngon-938 fires polaron beams on the shuttlecraft)

(On the Lime)
Gotens: Shields down to 20%.
Ensign Dan: One more shot and we're.... you know, not alive anymore.

(The Lyngon-938 fires another polaron beam toward the Lime. The Lime is hit and explodes)

(On the Phoenix, in the Transporter room)
Gotens: That was close.
Ensign Dan: Too close. I'm going to have to talk to that Admiral.
Belm: Belm to Admiral Daniel, we've got them.
#Daniel: Okay. Let's prepare battle.

(2375. On the Phoenix-X)
Daniel: We were attacked by ten Jem'Hadar ships. They had some kind of new weapon they tested on us. It messed up our instruments, but we were able to handle it. Weren't you on that mission?
Kugo: No. I was never on the Phoenix.
Daniel: Well, that's when the Phoenix was near-destroyed by the Jem'Hadar blowing up the Tiloniam star. We were saved by the Xena and brought back to Deep Space 9.
Kugo: Yeah, that's when I was ordered from the Bautista to go there for a new assignment. I thought I was going to serve on the station with that photogenic, well-lit crew, but it was really the Phoenix-X.
Daniel: That's fate for you. The Changelings tried to destroy me but were unsuccessful. Anyway, that brings us to what happened today...

(October 23rd, 2375. On the Phoenix-X, Bridge)
Gotens: What do Tholians want with eighteen crates of yak cheese anyway?
Daniel: I'm telling you, this is not the kind of mission we should be doing.
Gotens: Expecting something exciting?
Daniel: Yes. Anything is better than this.
Armond: Captain, sensors indicate it's a Jem'Hadar Vanguard Dreadnaught Cruiser.
Daniel (stands): What?
Armond: It has a Tholian warp signature but, clearly, it's Jem'Hadar.
Daniel: Were the Dominion luring us?
(The Jem'Hadar Dreadnaught Hyperion-047 is shown on screen. They are hailed. A younger female Changeling appears on screen)
>Anna: Greetings, Daniel.
Daniel (shock): She's back. Cut communications. Raise shields.
Gotens: Captain, what are you doing?
Daniel: Lock quantum torpedoes.
Gotens: Captain, I object to this course of action.
Daniel: Fire!
(The Phoenix-X fires torpedoes at the shieldless Hyperion-047. The Jem'Hadar begins to explode in a chain of reactions)
Daniel: Your objection is noted. You have the Bridge, Commander.   

(Captain Daniel enters the turbolift)
Daniel: Deck 8.
(It begins its descent)
Daniel: Hm....
#Anna: Daaaaaaniellllll...
Daniel: What the...?
(He shakes his head out of it. The turbolift doors open. The Captain walks out)

(Deck 8, Corridors. Daniel steps off and heads in one direction, while Kugo isn't far off, handing a PADD to Gewdeque and taking notice of him)
Kugo: Here. Give this to Billy, alright?
Gewdeque: Aye, ma'am.
(The Vulcan turns to follow Daniel as he's entering his quarters)  
Kugo: Captain!
(She taps the door chime)
#Daniel: Come in.

(In Daniel's quarters)
Daniel: Hey, Kugo.
Kugo: I just witnessed you haste to your quarters.
Daniel (sits): I'm a little stressed.
Kugo: Perhaps I can locate Counsellor Lucricia—
Daniel: No, no. That's not necessary.
(Kugo joins him on the couch)
Daniel: What?
Kugo: I am attempting to be a good listener.
Daniel: Okay, are you sure you're not on duty right now?
Kugo: To my current knowledge, I am sure.
Daniel: Well, it all started 500 years ago, give or take a couple decades...

(Meanwhile, the Phoenix-X treks through space, on full impulse. Ensign Dan enters the Bridge)
Ensign Dan: Um, Commander?
Gotens: What?
Ensign Dan: I recommend a Level 8 force field around the Cargo Bay.
Gotens: Why?
Ensign Dan: Because I just came from there and the whole deck is stank.
Gotens: Sorry, Ensign. There's other cargo in the Cargo Bay that other people need to get to.
Ensign Dan: I'm not even sure anyone is going to want their cargo anymore. All that yak cheese.
Red: Hey, I like yak cheese!
Ensign Dan: Yeah, you and every other Klingon on this ship.
(Lieutenant Commander Red gets up, lifts Ensign Dan and throws the Bajoran in the turbolift)
Red: I don't need to relieve you, because you were just leaving.
(The turbolift doors close)
Gotens: Nice work, Red.
Red: Thank you, Commander.
Gotens (stares at a spot in the corner): Hmm...
Red: Commander?
Gotens: Either my eyesight is going, or there's some kind of spatial disturbance over there?

(In Daniel's quarters)
Kugo: Yeah, that's when I was ordered from the Bautista to go there for a new assignment. I thought I was going to serve on the station with that photogenic, well-lit crew, but it was really the Phoenix-X.
Daniel: That's fate for you. The Changelings tried to destroy me but were unsuccessful. Anyway, that brings us to what happened today...

(Deck 9, Corridors. Ensign Dan exits the turbolift)
Wallace (runs and stops at him): Did you just see a short pale-skinned alien come this way?
Ensign Dan: No? Should I be concerned?
Wallace: Nah. You're good. Thanks.
(He runs off)  

(In Daniel's quarters)
Kugo: I heard what happened just before I saw you in the hallway.
(But an arm emerges from out of the wall and grabs Kugo's shoulder)
Daniel: Kugo!  
(She faints)
Daniel(stands): What the—?
Anna (emerges): We found a weakness in your shields.
Daniel: I'm getting sick of you, you know that? And how do you know the Vulcan Grip?

(On the Bridge, the spatial disturbance decloaks into a Jem'Hadar soldier)
Gotens: Red Alert!
Elly (fires phaser): Watch out, Commander!
Teno'kan: This is the end for you.
(He fires at the Commander, but misses. The chair beside him explodes)

(In Daniel's quarters)
Daniel: Red Alert is on. It seems we already know about you.
Anna: It doesn't matter. The rest of our starships will be here soon to destroy us.
Daniel: But you'll be killed too.
Anna: That won't matter. It took me all these years, my child, to finally understand that your path is not the same as ours. There's nothing I can do now, the Link has proclaimed me a traitor for sticking with you.
Daniel: So you're not here to persuade me to come back to the link?
Anna: No.
Daniel: This better not be your new strategy. Why are you here then?
Anna: To see you, my child, before we die.
Daniel: I hate you.

(On the Bridge)
Gotens: Damn. That was my new chair!
#Billy: Billy to the Bridge. There's a Jem'Hadar intruder in my—
#GoyCho: GoyCho to Bridge, a Jem'Hadar intruder just—
#Lucricia: Counselor to Bridge. I just saw a Jem'Hadar—
#BOB: Bridge, a Jem—
Red (stabs Teno'kan): One down.
Gotens: It seems there are Jem'Hadar soldiers all over the ship.
Armond: We're being invaded.
Red: Commander, we've found the afloat Starfleet vessel.
Gotens: It's about time. Gotens to Captain Daniel, report to the Bridge.
#Daniel: On my way.

(In Daniel's quarters)
Daniel: Call off your Jem'Hadar soldiers.
Anna: I'm not commanding them.
Daniel: You're not? Then who is?
Anna: Thier Vorta.
(The female Changeling suddenly merges into the floor in escape)
Daniel: Hey!!

(In Sickbay, Wallace phasers a Jem'Hadar down as it tries to enter)
Wallace: Ah!
Lox: Can't you stay here and protect Sickbay?
Wallace: Nah. You're good. Thanks.
(He runs off)  

(On Deck 11, Jem'Hadar soldier Yuv'Rek chases Ensign Dan all the way to the Cargo Bay)
Ensign Dan: Aahhh!
Yuv'Rek (smells the yak cheese): Ugh??
(He faints)
Ensign Dan (takes his pulse): Aahhh.

(On the Bridge)
Daniel (enters): Commander, report.
Gotens: The Jem'Hadar have control of Decks 3 through 9 and Deck 15.
Armond: We're losing some systems.
Gotens: We've also caught up to this downed ship.
Daniel: What ship?
Gotens: The Enterprise-E.
Daniel: What's it doing here? Why haven't we detected it before?
Gotens: It appears the Hyperion-047 was using a damping field that scattered our sensors from detecting it. After we destroyed them, it would be a while before we could pick up the Enterprise-E. As for the Enterprise-Ethey were just on their way to Vulcan when they got jumped. We still haven't been able to communicate with them. Their ship is badly damaged and won't respond to hails.
Daniel: That doesn't sound right. How can only one Dominion ship do that much damage?
Gotens: I don't know. There are no other Dominion ships in sensors range.
Daniel: Take an away team to the Enterprise-E.
Gotens: Red, Armond, Elly. You're with me.
Daniel: Daniel to Lieutenant Walla—
Wallace (enters): Right here Captain.
Daniel: Where have you been?
Wallace: Chasing down the Vorta.
Daniel: You caught him?
Wallace: Affirmative. He's in the Brig.

(On the Enterprise-E, Bridge. The four beam in)
Riker (aiming phaser): I thought you were more Jem'Hadar.
Gotens: What happened?
Riker: The Jem'Hadar are taking over the ship. They have most of our decks and they keep getting more.
Gotens: And you haven't been able to stop them?
Riker: They have a cloaking technology. They can cloak their bodies.
Gotens: Damn. Your ship is so badly damaged, but it must be from the inside.
Armond: Why haven't you answered our hails?
Riker: We have a number of systems down, including sensors, communication, and the transporter.
Gotens: Okay. Armond, get to work on their systems.

(On the Phoenix-X, Brig)
Feylou: Hello, Captain.
Daniel (enters): I need to speak with you.
Feylou (bows): You are a Founder. I live to serve you.
Daniel: Listen. Call off your soldiers.
Feylou: I'm afraid I can't do that.
Daniel: Why not?
Feylou: My orders are to maintain you here as long as possible. See, we even stopped another Federation ship to keep you here.
Daniel: I don't care. I'm giving you a direct order as your Founder.
Feylou: I'm sorry.
(Captain Daniel looks him over and then heads for the door)
Daniel: You have not served me.
(He leaves)

(On the Enterprise-E, Deck 12. In a shoot-out)
Perry (firing): I can't hold them off any longer!!
(A Jem'Hadar hiding behind the corner fires and kills one officer)
Picard: Let's head back.

(On the Bridge)
Armond: I've managed to gain control of their transporter system.
Data: How did you do that?
Armond: I reconfigured the aligners for the transporter buff, which made the Jem'Hadar encryption code useless. I entered a new code.
Data: Hm. Excellent strategy.
Riker: We could use a person like you on the Enterprise.

(On the Phoenix-X, Bridge)
Daniel (enters): Lieutenant, report.
Wallace: Good news, Captain. We've gained control of Deck 14.
Daniel: Good.
Wallace: But we lost control of Deck 13.
Tong: Captain! We have a hull breach on Deck 8!
Daniel: Evacuate Deck 8.
Wallace: The Jem'Hadar has taken over five more decks.
Ensign Dan: Oh no! What are we gonna do!? I don't wanna die!

(On the Enterprise-E, Bridge)
Picard (enters): Number One, report.
Riker: Meet Commander Gotens, of the Phoenix-X.
Picard: Hi. How are—
Armond: Communications open. Phoenix-X on screen.
>Daniel (not noticing): Ensign Dan, you're relie—
Gotens: —Er, Captain?
>Daniel: Oh. Good work.
Data: Captain, there's a fleet of Jem'Hadar attack ships on an intercept course with us.
Picard: Picard to Engineering. Geordi, how is the warp drive going?
#Geordi: I don't think I can access it.
>Ensign Dan: Two ships against an entire fleet?

(On the Phoenix-X, Bridge)
Daniel: We've done it before.
#Kugo: Kugo to Bridge. I've regained control of transwarp.
Daniel: I didn't even know it wasn't working.
#Kugo: Oh.

(On the Enterprise-E, Ten Forward, a group of Jem'Hadar with polaron rifles enter)
Guinan: Stay away, or I'll shoot.
Eun'Orik: Kill her!
Red (phasers him): That is one Qapla' you'll never get.
(Elly and two others open fire on the other Jem'Hadar at the door. Guinan ducks under her bar)

(On the Phoenix-X. Bridge)
>Picard: Captain, do you think there's any way you can create a transwarp conduit enough for both ships to fit through?
Daniel: Not that I know of.
>Data: Captains, I think there is a possibility.

(On the Enterprise-E, Ten Forward)
Red: Are you alright?
Guinan: Yeah. I just get a little jumpy when I see Jem'Hadar.

(Later, Data, Kugo, Geordi, Armond, Picard and Daniel enter the Observation lounge)
Picard: Alright, gentlemen. Let's begin. 

(On the Phoenix-X, Bridge)
Gotens: Tong, how much longer until the Dominion fleet arrives?
Tong: Estimated time of arrival, an hour. Give or take one minute.
Ensign Dan: Are we going to stand ground and fight, or run? We have transwarp. Let's go.
Gotens: Not without the Enterprise-E.
(Suddenly, four Jem'Hadar decloak on the Bridge. The security officer opens fire)
Gotens (fires phaser): We have to get rid of these Jem'Hadar on the ships.
Ensign Dan: I have an idea. Computer, create Earth yak cheese.
Gotens: What are you doing, Ensign?
(Ensign Dan throws the chunk of yak cheese at a Jem'Hadar. The cheese hits the Jem'Hadar in the face. The Jem'Hadar sniffs it and then collapses. Everyone looks at Ensign Dan)
Ensign Dan: It's all in the wrist.

(On the Enterprise-E, Observation lounge)
Armond: If the Phoenix-X goes into multi-vector mode, we can surround the Enterprise-E and create the transwarp conduit from there.
Data: The hull of the ship would receive considerable damage. We could only maintain the transwarp velocity for a couple minutes.
Armond: After that, the structure of the Enterprise-E would start to fall.
Picard: I see.
Daniel: What about the Phoenix-X?
Kugo: The transwarp coil system on the Phoenix-X would sustain the Enterprise-E as if it was one of their own, as long as the Enterprise-E is modified accordingly. I think it will hold.
Geordi: We'd have to account for the subspace fields and tachyon emissions and, inside the conduit, match the resonance frequencies of the Phoenix-X.

(On the Bridge)
Troi: Commander, I'm receiving a communication from the Phoenix-X.
Riker: Put it on.
Troy: It's from an Ensign Dan. He's saying something about yak cheese?

(On the Phoenix-X, Bridge)
Ensign Dan: Yeah!
GoyCho (high fives): Wohoo!
Gotens: I can't believe this. I need an environmental suit.
Wallace: We've eliminated all the Jem'Hadar on the ship! Yes! Ugh. But it's going to take a little while longer for the stench.

(In Sickbay, Doctor Lox looks at a Jem'Hadar lying on the operation table)
Lox: This is amazing.
EMH: Fascinating. The species is allergic to yak cheese.

(On the Enterprise-E, Observation lounge)
Daniel: Good. Let's get started.
Picard: Dismissed—
(Geordi, Data, and Armond leave. Kugo walks over to Daniel)
Kugo: Captain, I—
Guinan (enters): Captain, you can't do this.
Picard: Guinan. What is it?
Daniel (shock): Guinan?
Guinan: Daniel, what are you doing here?
Kugo: You're Guinan?
Daniel: What am I doing here? What are you doing here?
Guinan: I live here.
Daniel: On the Enterprise-E?
Picard: Guinan, why can't I do what?
Guinan: You can't do whatever it is you plan to do.
Daniel: We're going transwarp.
Picard: Why, Guinan?
Guinan: Because there will be some deaths.
Daniel: Who? How many?
Guinan: I don't know who, I don't even know how many. Maybe only one. Maybe all of us.
Kugo: To what evidence do you base this conclusion on?
Guinan: There's no evidence. It's just a feeling that I get.
Picard: I'm sorry, but if we do not get this transwarp underway, everyone on this ship will die from a fleet of Jem'Hadar.
(Picard leaves)
Guinan: It's good to see you again, Daniel.
Daniel: I'm not the real Daniel.
Guinan: You are now. You know, still look like him, but a little Vulcan too.
Daniel: It must've been all those years I lived on Vulcan.
(Guinan nods)
Daniel: I have to go. The fleet is going to be here soon.
Guinan: Good luck.
(Daniel and Kugo leave the room)

(On the Phoenix-X, Bridge. Daniel, Kugo, Red, Elly and Armond beam in)
Gotens: Captain.
Daniel: I'm glad you're still alive.
Gotens: We've eliminated all the Jem'Hadar on the ship, and so has the Enterprise-E.
Armond: Ugh! What is that smell!?
Daniel: Smell?
Gotens: Just be lucky you don't have a sense of smell, Captain.
Daniel: Computer, initiate Multi-Vector tactical mode.
(Commander Gotens looks at the pile of rubble where his new chair used to be)
Gotens: I'm taking your new chair, Armond.
Armond: Go ahead. It's not like I ever sit there anyway.
Gotens: Why did we install a third chair when no one uses it anyway?
#Computer: Please select tactical pattern.
Daniel: Tactical mode, um, we don't even have a mode for this kind of stunt. Um, tactical mode manual.
(The computer complies)

(On the Enterprise-E, Bridge)
Data: Jem'Hadar attack ships closing in. Mark 12, 34.
Riker: Shields up!
Picard: Geordi, are we ready?
#Geordi: Aye, sir.

(The Phoenix-X divides into three and surrounds the Enterprise-E)
Daniel: Kugo—
#Kugo: Ready.
Daniel: Engage.

(Six of twenty Jem'Hadar attack ships descend warp and open fire upon the four vessels, the Phoenix-X's three vectors and the Enterprise-E. Polaron beams from the Jem'Hadar attack cruisers hit the Phoenix-X's Vector Beta. The three halves around the Enterprise-E and the Enterprise-E itself all jump into a  transwarp conduit)

(On the Enterprise-E, Engineering)
Geordi (reading console): Structural integrity is holding.
Wesley: No, it's not.
Geordi(looks up): Wesley!?
(A teenager and a taller man stand in front of him)
Geordi: What are you doing here? I thought you went off to other plains of existence.
Wesley: I want to know why the Enterprise is going at this velocity? Its hull wasn't created to sustain it.
Geordi: It was the only way to get out of that space, the warp drive is offline.
Wesley: I just happened to be in the neighbourhood.
Geordi: Well, it's nice to see you again.
Wesley: I also just found something out, and I need to warn you.
The Traveller: We must speak to your Captain.

(On the Phoenix-X's Vector Beta, Engineering)
Kugo (working): Gewdeque, how's the subspace field?
Gewdeque: It's fine as long as the intermix chamber doesn't throw off the resonance frequency.
(Suddenly, the female Changeling, Anna, emerges from nearby)  
Anna: This isn't supposed to happen. I can't live as a traitor!
Kugo: Oh, no! The Changeling—
(The female Changeling goes for Kugo, attempting to choke her)  
Anna: We were supposed to die for our failures. This is all your fault!
Kugo: Get away from me!
(The female Changeling loses balance and falls and breaks through the intermix chamber)

(On the Phoenix-X's Vector Alpha, an alert beep goes off. Daniel turns around and looks at Armond)
Armond: Uh. This does not look good.
Kayl: Captain, I'm detecting a loss in transwarp stability—

(Vector Beta explodes and crashes into the Enterprise-E. The starboard warp nacelle of the Enterprise-E explodes, then the whole bottom half of the Enterprise-E tears apart)

(On the Enterprise-E, Bridge. Control panels explode and support beams fall)
Mark: We've just lost Decks—
(A support beam falls on Mark)
Picard: Wesley!!
Wesley: I don't know, I thought—?

(He and the Traveler then disappear out of that plane of existence. Meanwhile, Vector Alpha, Vector Gamma and the saucer section of the Enterprise-E drop into normal space)

(On the Phoenix-X, Bridge)
Daniel: Hail the Enterprise-E.
>Picard: Are you all right?
Daniel: Are you?

(On the Enterprise-E, Bridge)
Riker: We just lost the battle section.
Picard: Doctor Crusher, Guinan, Geordi. All dead. Guinan was right.
>Gotens: We saved more lives than we would've if we stayed.
>Daniel: Kugo. She was on Vector Beta.
Mandy: Captain, there's a hull breach on Deck 4!
Picard (fear): Seal it.
Mandy: I'm trying to, sir.
(She continues working before pausing)
Mandy: Unsuccessful.

(On the Phoenix-X, Vector Alpha. Everyone looks at the view of the Enterprise-E Bridge)
Ensign Dan: What does that mean?
(Suddenly the saucer section of the Enterprise-E explodes. The shockwave pushes Vector Alpha back, but engulfs Vector Gamma. The Phoenix-X Bridge shakes violently)
Gotens (falls): Aahh! Ooof.
Kayl: Captain!
Daniel: What!?
Kayl: We're losing environmental controls. They— they're going haywire.
Gotens (heavy breathing): Caa—caap—
(Everyone except the Captain gasps for air. People fall to the ground)
Daniel (gets to a console): Don't worry, everyone. I'll get us out of—
(He looks around)
Daniel: Out of...
(Silence. After some time, Vector Alpha continues to float in space, among the other ship debris. Suddenly, Q appears in a flash)
Q: The air in here is a little thin. Don't you think?
Daniel: Q!
Q: Ah, the name-shout. That feels nice.
(He then walks up to Daniel in a mad expression)
Q: You just killed Picard.
Daniel: Why are you blaming me?
Q: Because you could've prevented all this.
Daniel: No. I couldn't have. How?
Q: Easy. By never leaving your homeworld!
Daniel: How did you kn—?
Q: I'm Q! I know everything!
Daniel (shoves): Alright, Q. If you're such a god, then what do you want? Revenge?
Q: No. I want to give you another chance. The boy, Wesley, tried to give everyone a chance, but couldn't do it in time.
Daniel: Give me another chance? What are you talking about?
Q: So you can save your life and the lives of Picard and his friends.
Daniel: But I'm still alive.
Q: Not for long. The hull of this vector is in the process of tearing apart. I'd give you, ohhhhh, another five minutes before you're blown out into space.
Daniel: How are you going to give me another chance?
Q: With the powers of the Q, obviously. Any more questions you need to ask, ask them now before the hull breaches.
Daniel (nods): Okay. Do it.
(Q snaps his fingers)

(February 3rd, 1879. Changeling homeworld, at the crashed El Aurian shuttlecraft Finder. The El Aurian Daniel is on the floor holding the bloody gash in his stomach)
El Aurian Daniel: Ugh!
(He crawls out of the shuttlecraft and lays beside a rock)
El Aurian Daniel (wipes forehead): Ugh. What a hot planet. What a weird ocean.
(A blob of Changling protoplasm emerges out of the great sea of Changelings)
El Aurian Daniel: What the...?
(The blob transforms into a humanoid shape form. It crawls up to the injured El Aurian and stares at his face. The male Changeling manipulates his face to look exactly as the El Aurian's)
El Aurian Daniel: Whoa. Hello.
Changeling Daniel: Hello.
El Aurian Daniel: Hi. I'm Daniel.
Changeling Daniel: Hi. I'm Daniel.
(Beat. The El Aurian then starts breathing in pain)
Changeling Daniel (realizes): This is the moment Q was talking about. If I should kill you now, or save your life...
El Aurian Daniel (struggling): Aaarrrgghhh. What did you say? Ugh.
Changeling Daniel: Forget Q. I'll do things the way I want. And, in the future, even if I don't remember my last life, I still hope I make the same decisions.
El Aurian Daniel: Ugh. I can't hear you. I can't see you. Aahh. I'm losing my sight—
Changeling Daniel: Don't worry. I know exactly how to help you feel better.

(The new Daniel walks over to some bushes and picks out some leaves. The next day, the new Daniel has met with Guinan and is confronted by the female Changeling at the El Aurian shuttlecraft Seeker)
Daniel: No. I'm not letting you kill this one too.
Anna: Step aside, Daniel. Your judgment is clouded by anger.
Daniel: No. For once, I'm seeing things clearly. Shapeshifters, changelings, whatever you call us. We're not leaders. We've become conquerors.
Anna: Step aside, Daniel.
(Instead, Daniel swipes Guinan's energy pistol and pushes her into the Seeker)
Daniel: You step aside!
Anna: No Changeling has ever harmed another.
Daniel: Good. Then I guess you won't mind not shooting us down.
(He runs into the Seeker before it takes off into the atmosphere)

(January 18th, 1983. In the Alpha Quadrant, on Vulcan, at Daniel's house. He gets a hail on his living room viewscreen)
Daniel: It's you!?
>Anna: Daniel, come back.
Daniel: Never.
>Anna: We need you to take over more worlds.
Daniel: I don't care. From this day forward, I promise I will protect worlds from people like you.

(2234. Flortarios III. The night after a shootout with an alien species. Daniel has preserved an injured and now asleep Laumar Gotens in a cave)
Daniel (stares at wall): I was right.
(As expected, the female Changeling emerges out of the stone wall where his eyes were locked)
Anna: Daniel.
Daniel (aims): Starfleet phasers are deadly!
Anna: Please, my child. Come home. We need you.
Daniel: Not for your ethics. Go away and leave me alone for the rest of my life. Can't you see I'm not one of you?

(2374. On the Phoenix, in Admiral Daniel's Ready Room)
Daniel: Gosh, I despise that human.
Anna (emerges): That's because he's a solid, Daniel.
Daniel: What are you doing on my ship!?
Anna: This is not your ship. How long have you been in command of it?
Daniel: Nine months now.
Anna: Not long enough. You do not belong with these solids. The Link has already announced you a traitor, they are planning to destroy you now. I am giving you a chance to come back with me, my child.
Daniel: No! How did you get on my ship?
Anna: Our transporters are more advanced than the Federation's. You don't even read my ship in your sensors. If you were with us and not these independent solids, you would have this unlimited technology.
Daniel: Leave now, because the next time I see you, I will kill you.

(2375. On the Phoenix-X)
Armond: We're being hailed.
Daniel: Respond. On screen.
>Anna: Greetings, Daniel.
Daniel: She's back...

(Later, in Daniel's quarters)
Kugo: I heard what happened just before I saw you in the hallway.
(But an arm emerges from out the wall and grab's Kugo's shoulder)  
Daniel: Kugo!
(She faints)
Daniel (stands): What the—?
Anna (emerges): We found a weakness in your shields.
Daniel: I'm getting sick of you, you know that? And how do you know the Vulcan Grip?
Anna: Don't underestimate the power of the Link.
(Lights start blinking)
Daniel: Red Alert is on. It seems we already know about you.
Anna: It doesn't matter. The rest of our ships will be here soon to destroy us.
Daniel: But you'll be killed too?
Anna: That won't matter. It took me all these years, my child, to finally understand that your path is not the same as ours. There's nothing I can do now. The Link has proclaimed me a traitor for sticking with you.
Daniel: So you're not here to persuade me to come back to the link?
Anna: No.
Daniel: This better not be your new strategy. Why are you here then?
Anna: To see you, my child, before we die.
Daniel: I hate you.
(Suddenly, time pauses)
Daniel: Hellooo??
Wesley (appears): I've figured it out!
Daniel: What's going on?
Wesley: I stopped time.
Daniel: Why?
Wesley: Do you feel a little deja vu?
Daniel: Now that I think of it, yes.
Wesley: For me, time is just another platform of existence. I can go whenever I want, wherever I want. But I know now, it's not the Enterprise-E that I need to warn.
Daniel: Huh?
Wesley: It's you I have to warn.
Daniel: Warn? Warn me from what?
Wesley: Warn you not to be blinded by the passion of others.
Daniel: Huh?
Wesley (points): Her. What did you just say to her?
Daniel: I said, "I hate you."
Wesley: My point. This is one of many lessons your people will one day figure out.
(He then disappears and time un-pauses)
Anna: That won't matter. It took me all these years, my child, to finally understand that your path is not the same as ours. There's nothing I can do now. The Link has proclaimed me a traitor for sticking with you.
Daniel: So, you're not here to persuade me to come back to the Link?
Anna: No.
Daniel: This better not be your new strategy. Why are you here then?
Anna: To see you, my child, before we die.
Daniel: I haa—
Anna: What?
Daniel: I believe you.
Anna: You do?
Daniel: Yeah.
#Gotens: Gotens to Captain Daniel. Report to the Bridge.
Daniel: On my way.
(He looks at the female Changeling)
Daniel: Call off your Jem'Hadar soldiers for me.
Anna: I'll try. But I'm not the one in command of them.
Daniel: You're not? Then who is?
Anna: Their Vorta.
Daniel: Oh, no.
(The female Changeling merges into the floor)
Daniel: Good luck.

(On Deck 11, Yuv'Rek chases Ensign Dan into the Cargo Bay)
Ensign Dan: Aahhh!
(The female Changeling suddenly emerges from the floor and stops the Yuv'Rek)
Anna: Wait.
(The Cargo Bay doors close with Ensign Dan inside. The female Changeling and Jem'Hadar stand outside in the corridor)
Yuv'Rek: I pledge my life to the Founders.
Anna: Halt the invasion of this ship.
Yuv'Rek: Yes, my lord.
Anna: Order all the men to rendezvous here and I will be back.

(On the Bridge)
Daniel (enters): Commander, report.
Gotens: The Jem'Hadar have control of Decks 3 through 9 and Deck 15— Wait.
Daniel: What is it?
Gotens: I'm getting reports that Jem'Hadar soldiers are migrating to Deck 11.

(Deck 11, Cargo Bay. Ensign Dan opens the doors and sees a huge crowd of Jem'Hadar)
Ensign Dan: Oops. Uh, I'll just exit out the nearest hatch.
(He backs out before the doors close)

(On the Bridge)
Gotens: We've also caught up to this downed ship.
Daniel: What ship?
Gotens: The Enterprise-E.
Daniel: What's it doing here? Why haven't we detected it before?
Gotens: It appears the Hyperion-047 was using a damping field that scattered our sensors from detecting it. After we destroyed them, it would be a while before we could pick up the Enterprise-E. As for the Enterprise-E, they were just on their way to Vulcan when they got jumped. We still haven't been able to communicate with them. Their ship is badly damaged and won't respond to hails.
Daniel: That doesn't sound right. How can only one Dominion ship do that much damage?
Gotens: I don't know. There are no other Dominion ships in sensors range.
Daniel: Take an away team to the Enterprise-E.
Gotens: Red, Armond, Elly. You're with me.
Daniel: Daniel to Lieutenant Walla—
Anna (emerges): There, my child. I've done what you've requested.
(Lieutenant Wallace walks out of the turbolift. Gotens, Red, Armond, and Elly walk into it)
Daniel: Can I ask you something? Is there any Jem'Hadar on the Enterprise-E?
(The female Changeling nods)
Daniel: Can you call them off too?
Anna: Yes.
Daniel: Daniel to Transporter Room 3. Lock onto, uh, don't you have a name?
Anna: Names aren't necessary for our people. But I've taken the form of a woman I've met, named Anna.
Daniel: Well, now.
#Billy: Captain?
Daniel: Lock onto the Changeling in front of me and beam her to the Enterprise-E.
#Billy: Changeling, sir?
Daniel: Just do it. That's an order.

(On the Enterprise-E, Bridge)
Armond: I've managed to gain control of their transporter system.
Data: How did you do that?
Armond: I reconfigured the aligners for the transporter buff, which made the Jem'Hadar encryption code useless. I entered a new code.
Data: Hm. Excellent strategy.
Riker: We could use a person like you on the Enterprise.
(The Changeling suddenly beams in)
Riker: Intruder!\
(He phasers for it but misses. The Changeling them merges into the ceiling)

(In Ten Forward, Guinana is behind the bar with a rifle aimed at a group of Jem'Hadar)
Guinan: Stay away, or I'll shoot.
Eun'Orik: Kill her!
Red (phasers him): That is one Qapla' you'll never get.
(Elly and two other officers open fire on the other Jem'Hadar at the door)
Anna (emerges): Cease fire!
(The Jem'Hadar stop firing, prompting everyone else to stop)
Guinan: It's you. I remember you.
Anna: Yes. You were the one that influenced Daniel to leave our homeworld so long ago.
Guinan: Well, I guess I am. So, this must mean you're going to kill me for revenge.
Anna: On the contrary. I'm grateful for you.
(The female Changeling turns to the Jem'Hadar bunch)
Anna: Halt the invasion of this ship. Order all the men to rendezvous here and I will be back.
Q (appears): Hello.
Guinan: Q? What do you want?
Q: I want that walking liquid Jello.
Anna: What are you?
Q: Sorry. No time for intros. You're due for an overhaul out of existence.
Anna: What?
Guinan: He's right. I don't know why, but you're not supposed to be here.
Q: See, in the other lifetime, you died and so did everyone else on this ship. But, keeping you alive, you with your new philosophies, and blah, blah, will somehow destroy the Q.
Guinan: How?
Q: Oh, it's all this future, her destiny and stuff like that. Let's just say, that if she is kept alive, she'll cause the destruction of our perfect species.
Guinan: If you're so perfect, then how did you let this Changeling slip through your hands all her life?
Q: It's something that just happened momentarily. That boy, that Wesley did this. Well, got to go.
(He snaps his fingers and the Changeling and him disappear.)
Guinan: I wonder if Daniel is still alive...

(On the Bridge)
Picard (enters): Number One, report.
Riker: Meet Commander Gotens, of the Phoenix-X.
Picard: Hi, how are—
Armond: Communications open. Phoenix-X on screen.

(On the Phoenix-X, Bridge)
#Ensign Dan: The Jem'Hadar are all after me—
Daniel: Ensign Dan, get out of the Cargo Bay—
>Gotens: Captain?
Daniel: Oh, hello.
>Data: Captain, there's a fleet of Jem'Hadar attack ships on an intercept course with us.
>Picard: Picard to Engineering. Geordi, how is the warp drive going?
#Geordi: I just need a couple more minutes.
#Ensign Dan: Two ships against an entire fleet? Oh, well. We've done it before.
Daniel: And we're not doing it again.
#Kugo: Kugo to Bridge. I've regained control of transwarp.
Daniel: I didn't even know it wasn't working.
#Kugo: Oh, then it's all good.
>Picard: Thank you Geordi. Captain, I believe our warp drive is back online.
Daniel: That's good.
>Picard: And it seems that all the Jem'Hadar on the ship are going to Deck 3.
Daniel: Then I guess there's nothing to do now but leave.
>Picard: Right.
(The screen goes out. Gotens, Red, Elly, and Armond beam in)
Gotens: That was a short trip.
Kayl: Why couldn't they fix their own communications?
Armond: Captain, the Enterprise-E has left at Warp 9.
(An alert beep goes off)
Armond: The Jem'Hadar are dropping out of warp.
(The ship shakes)
Armond: They're firing on us. Shields down to 94%.
Red: We can't take them on. There's too many.
Daniel: Well, then I guess there's only one thing left to do...
Gotens: Transwarp?
Daniel: Transwarp.

(The twenty Jem'Hadar attack ships fire at the Phoenix-X. The Phoenix-X's engines sound up and it stretches into transwarp, leaving the Jem'Hadar alone)

(The next day, October 24th, 2375, Gotens enters the Bridge)
Gotens: Report.
Armond: All the Jem'Hadar on Deck 11 are contained by a Level 10 force field.
Gotens: Good. We'll drop them off at a Federation prison.

(In the Daniel's quarters)
Kugo: You know, I'd like to meet that Guinan one day.
Daniel: Yeah, I haven't seen her since I lived on Vulcan, I wonder where she is right now.
Kugo: What ever happened to that other Changeling that was on the Bridge?
Daniel: I don't know. We waited for her.
Kugo: You know, in a way, she was your mother.
Daniel: Changelings don't have—
Kugo: Yes. That is correct. But I'm talking metaphorically.
Daniel: I'm pretty sure that she's on the Enterprise talking to all those Jem'Hadar.
Kugo: As startling as it may seem, I would never prefer being on the same deck with a hundred Jem'Hadar.

(Meanwhile, on Deck 11, Ensign Dan is still stuck behind the Cargo Bay doors. His voice can be heard from behind them)
Ensign Dan: Uh, anyone still out there? Helloo?? Jem'Hadar? Oh, damn. This yak cheese is stored all over the Cargo Bay. Hmm. I wonder if it's any good.