1.7.98

Chapter 1

Star Trek: The Links Traitor

[October 23rd, 2375]
(On the Pheonix-X. Bridge)
Daniel: Location?
Red: Mark 345, 82.
Gotens: Well, where are they? This is the spot we're supposed to meet.
Ensign Dan: They're Tholians. They're always late. Late to us is early to them.
Armond(on the upper level): Captain, I'm detecting the Tholian flag ship. They're heading for us. They're approximately 4 light-years away.
Gotens: It'll take them a couple hours to get here on maximum warp.
Daniel: Helm, make a transwarp 1 jump on my mark.
(Red touches a couple buttons)
Daniel: Engage.

(The Pheonix-X stretches four light-years and stops)

(On the Pheonix-X)
Gotens: Helm, lay in a intercept course, full impulse.
Tong: Aye sir.
Daniel(sits down): Ugh, let's get this trade over with.
Gotens: What do Tholians want with 18 crates of yak cheese anyway?
Daniel: I'm tell'n you, this is not the kind of mission we should be doing.
Gotens: Expecting something exciting?
Daniel: Yes, anything is better than this.
Gotens: Anything?
Daniel: Anything.
Armond: Captain, sensors indicate it's a Jem'Hadar Battle ship.
Daniel(stands): What?
Armond: It has a Tholian warp signature, but clearly, it's Jem'Hadar.
Daniel: Were the Jem'Hadar luring us?
Gotens: On screen.
(A Jem'Hadar ship is shown on screen)
Gotens: Maybe they want yak cheese.
Armond: I thought the Federation pushed all of the Jem'Hadar out of the Alpha Quadrant. Just a couple weeks ago, there was a stop to the Dominion War.
Daniel: Obviously, not all the Jem'Hadar are gone...
Armond: We're being hailed.
Daniel(looks at his first officer): Respond. On screen.
*FemaleChangeling(on screen): Greetings... Daniel.
Daniel: ...She's back...
(Pause)
Daniel: Cut communications.
(Screen goes out)
Daniel: Raise shields.
Gotens: Captain, what are you doing?
Daniel: Lock quantum torpedoes.
Armond: Quantum torpedoes locked.
Gotens: Captain, not to sound like I'm on their side but... as Federation officers, we ask questions first and shoot later.
Ensign Dan: We don't even have a motive to fire on them.
Gotens: Captain, I object to this course of action.
Daniel: ....Fire.

(The Pheonix-X fires torpedoes on the Jem'Hadar vessel. The Jem'Hadar ship is destroyed)

(On the Pheonix-X)
Daniel: Your objection is noted.
Gotens(sits down): How many lives do you think you just killed?
Daniel(stands): You have the bridge, Night.
(The Captain goes into the turbolift. The doors close)
Gotens: Well he's obviously preoccupied.
Ensign Dan: Maybe he needs a girlfriend.
Armond(leans forward): He's been seeing Lieutenant Kugo.
Ensign Dan(turns around): Really?
Armond: Word spreads fast on this ship.
Gotens: Especially when half of it is Klingon.
Red(turns around): And what is that supposed to mean?
Gotens: ...It means whatever you want it to mean.
Red(turns around): Yes sir.
Armond: Commander, I'm detecting a Federation ship afloat.
Gotens: What? Why didn't we detect this before?

(In the Captain's Quarters... Daniel enters the room and liquifies into the bathtub. The doorbell rings)
Daniel(takes humaniod form): Come in.
Kugo(walks into the quarters): Daniel?
Daniel(climbs out of the tub and walks into the main room): Hey, Kugo.
Kugo: I just witnessed you haste to your quarters.
Daniel(sits on the couch): I'm a little stressed.
Kugo: Perhaps I can locate Counsillor Lucricia--
Daniel: No, no, that's not necessary.
Kugo(sits on the couch): ......
Daniel: ...What?
Kugo: I am attempting to be a good listener.
Daniel(laughs): ...Okay, are you sure you not on duty right now?
Kugo: To my current knowledge, I am sure.
Daniel: ...Well, it all started 500 years ago...give or take a couple decades...

[February 4th, 1879]
(In the Gamma Quadrant. Changeling homeworld. In the great sea of changelings, one changeling emerges into humanoid
form. He sits on a rock on the island)
MaleChangeling(Daniel): ...Gosh...
FemaleChangeling(emerges from the link into humanoid form): Why do you prefer taking that man's form?
MaleChangeling: I don't want to talk to you anymore.
FemaleChangeling: We killed him you know.
MaleChangeling: I know. He was my friend, he was an El Aurian. Did you destroy his ship too?
FemaleChangeling: Yes... You imitate his shape very well, you look just like him.
MaleChangeling: I will always be this shape to honour him.
FemaleChangeling: What was his name?
MaleChangeling(looks up): What?
FemaleChangeling: I want to know his name.
MaleChangeling: ...Daniel.
FemaleChangeling: Then I will call you Daniel.
MaleChangeling: ...Whatever.
FemaleChangeling: We've located the group of El Aurians. They're trying to set up a colony on the third planet.
Daniel(MaleChangeling): So, who cares.
FemaleChangeling: Daniel, we need your help to destroy them.
Daniel: No, Daniel was from that colony. He accidentally crash landed here. And they don't even know we're here.
FemaleChangeling: They would find out in time.
Daniel: Go away.
(The Female Changeling merges back into the link)

[October 23rd, 2375]
(On the Pheonix-X. Captain's Quarters)
Kugo: Your name was from an El Aurian?
Daniel: Not just any El Aurian, my first friend... In a way, I still look like him. The link killed him for trespassing.
Kugo: Oh...
Daniel: My second friend came the next day.

[February 5th, 1879]
(Changeling Homeworld. A shuttle craft lands on the surface. The changeling, Daniel, approaches it. A female El Aurian comes out)
Guinan: Daniel, you're alive!
(Guinan hugs Daniel)
Daniel: I'm not your Daniel.
Guinan(lets go): What are you talking about? Of course you are, you're my husband.
Daniel: I'm an imitation, a copy. I'm a changeling.
Guinan: ...I've heard of you people... Well, you look just like Daniel.
Daniel: Are you... Guinan...?
Guinan: Yeah, how'd you know?
Daniel: Daniel told me, he was my friend.
Guinan: What do you mean...'was'?
FemaleChangeling: --That's as far as you go, you solid!
Daniel: No, I'm not letting you kill this one too.
FemaleChangeling: Step aside, Daniel. Your judgment is clouded by anger.
Daniel: No, for once I'm seeing things clearly. Shapeshifters, changelings, whatever you call us... we're not leaders, we've become conquerors.
FemaleChangeling: Step aside Daniel.
Daniel(takes Guinan's weapon and pushes her into the shuttle craft): You step aside!
FemaleChangeling: No changeling has ever harmed another.
Daniel(rests his weapon): Good. Then I guess you won't mind not shooting us down.
(Daniel runs into the shuttle craft. The shuttle craft takes off into the atmosphere)

(On the Shuttle Craft)
Guinan: You saved my life.
Daniel: So far. Let's hope they don't shoot us down. Where are we going??
Guinan: Back to my home.
Daniel: But I thought the Borg chased you from your homeworld?
Guinan: They did, we were lucky to get away. We settled on the fourth planet to the sun here.
Daniel: My people plan to destroy you. You have to get your people off the planet.
Guinan(taps on a control panel): I'll see what I can do.
(Later...)
Daniel: How did you guys get here?
Guinan: What do you mean?
Daniel: The Borg are in the Delta Quadrant. We are in the Gamma Quadrant.
Guinan: We found a wormhole.
Daniel: Really?
Guinan: Yes, but it's unstable. We entered it once, we didn't know it would bring us here.
Daniel: Oh...there are not many wormholes I know of, here.
Guinan: For someone who's never left your homeworld before, you seem to know a lot about your space.
Daniel: Other people from the link sometimes leave the planet. When they join back in, I receive their experiences.
Guinan: Oohh...
(Guinan taps the control panel)
Guinan: Hey, what's going on?
Daniel: What?
Guinan: I dunno a lot about shuttle craft computers, but if this is right...I'm getting no life signs on the planet...

[October 23rd, 2375]
(On the Pheonix-X. Captain's Quarters)
Daniel: We didn't get to the planet in time, my people beat us there. If only we had a faster ship, we could've warned them... like transwarp.
Kugo: I assume your people annihilated all the El Aurians?
Daniel: No. Not all of them. Twenty to thirty ships escaped. Our shuttle craft eventually stumbled into one of them.

[February 5th, 1879]
(On an El Aurian ship)
Guinan: Father!
Captain: Ah, my child. You found your husband.

(Later... On the Bridge...)
Captain: Set in a course to that wormhole.
Daniel: Don't you want to get revenge on the shapshifters?
Captain: No my son, revenge is not as important than the lives of our civilization.

[October 23rd, 2375]
(On the Pheonix-X. Captain's Quarters)
Daniel: We never told them I was a changeling. I looked like Daniel, I smelled like Daniel, and I sounded like Daniel; for all he knew, I was Guinan's husband.

[February 5th, 1879]
(On the El Aurian ship. The ship shakes as it zooms through the wormhole)
Guinan: I guess you'll never be able to get home now.
Daniel: Good.
Helmsmen: Captain! There's a Jem'Hadar ship behind us!

(The El Aurian ship emerges out the wormhole as the Jem'Hadar ship follows)

(On the El Aurian ship)
Captain: Where are we?
Helmsmen: The Alpha Quadrant.

(The Jem'Hadar ship fires on the El Aurian ship. Suddenly a group of Vulcan attack ships fire upon the Jem'Hadar. The Jem'Hadar ship retreats)

[October 23rd, 2375]
(On the Pheonix-X. Captain's Quarters)
Daniel: After that, we became good friends with the Vulcans. Guinan went off to Earth to study the people there. I lived on Vulcan for a couple hundred years. Until one day I received a transmission...

[January 18th, 1983]
(On Vulcan; at Daniel's house)
Daniel(talks into a screen): It's you!?
*FemaleChangeling(on the viewscreen): Daniel, come back.
Daniel: Never.
*FemaleChangeling: We're need you to take over more worlds.
Daniel: I don't care. From this day forward, I promise I will protect worlds from people like you.
*FemaleChangeling: We will be back.
(Screen goes out)

[October 23rd, 2375]
(On the Pheonix-X. Captain's Quarters)
Daniel: That's when I decided to go to Earth and see Guinan. When I got there, I couldn't find her. After 85 years of searching, I moved back to Vulcan. I spent another couple hundred years there, learning to fight, to teach, to be a leader. I soon found out about the United Federation of Planets and joined for the sake of my promise. I joined under the guise I was a Human/Vulcan hybrid, and they accepted. Some secret organization wanted to help me by manipulating my medical records on every check-up. That helped. So I lived on. I met all the greats, from Christopher Pike to James Kirk. But they're all dead now. They never last. Humans don't last, they're short term friends. Vulcans last, El Aurians last.
Kugo: What about Guinan? Is she dead now?
Daniel: I dunno. If she's not, she'd still be alive today. But there is one friend that hung on to me.
Kugo: Who?
Daniel: It was during a war against an alien species. Captain Laumar, a Trill. She wasn't even my commanding officer.

[May 12th, 2234]
(Flortarios II; at a shoot down. Laumar Gotens hides behind a rock)
Gotens: Ensign!
Daniel(holding a phaser): Sir!?
Gotens: Watch my back!!
Daniel: Aye, Captain!
(Laumar Gotens stands and fires towards the Aliens. She gets hit by a low level phaser)
Daniel: Captain!?
(Daniel drags Laumar into a cave)
Gotens: Ugh...
Daniel: It'll be alright sir.
Gotens: You need to get me-ugh-to Trill-
Daniel: Huh!? What are you talking about?
Gotens(grabs Daniel's shirt collar): Do this for me! -Please!!
Daniel: Al-alright. When the firing stops, I'll take you to a ship, just relax.

(Later at night as Laumar Gotens sleeps...)
Daniel(stares at the wall): I was right.
FemaleChangeling(emerges out of the stone wall): Daniel.
Daniel(holds up a phaser): ...Federation phasers are deadly!
FemaleChangeling: Please, my child... Come home. We need you.
Daniel: Not for your ethics. Go away, and leave me alone for the rest of my life. Can't you see I'm not one of you?
FemaleChangeling: ...My child...
(The FemaleChangeling merges back into the wall)

[October 23rd, 2375]
(On the Pheonix-X. Captain's Quarters)
Daniel: I took Laumar to Trill, her homeplanet. By the time we got to the hospital, Laumar died. They saved the symbiont in her, and I met Rivera Gotens. I spent a couple years on Trill with my best friend, Rivera. He and I learned how to play the sports there. He said it was an interesting experience for him to have the memories of three other people. But the Federation found me, after a couple years. I was panelized for not reporting for duty. Life went on...I became Lieutenant... then Lieutenant Commander... Commander.... Captain, and finally Admiral; it was inevitable. On an away mission to the moon of the Klingon homeworld, I met a Klingon named Menchez. He saved my life when I got into a fight with a couple Klingons. After a couple decades, a Captain Maxwell of the Pheonix went crazy and started ambushing Cardassian science stations, saying they were weapon manufacturers. He was relieved of duty, and I was given the Captain's seat. I met up with Captain Menchez again, this time we got into a little trouble with the Klingon Empire. They thought he was going to ruin relations with the Federation. So I set the records straight, said he was a good man. In return he gave the Pheonix his cloaking device. One day I stumbled into an old friend of mine...the Gotens symbiont.
Kugo: Ah, Commander Night?
Daniel: Yeah, Rivera told me, specifically, that he would never join up with Starfleet again. Here I see his next host doing exactly what he didn't want
to do...

[December 28th, 2374]
(On the Pheonix. Admiral Daniel stands at the Bridge)
Admiral Daniel: Red, are we in the Tilonian System yet?
Lieutenant Red: Affirmative.
Daniel: Good, Commander Avery, start taking sensor readings. Report to me any spacial anomilees, unatural star fluxuations, anything like that. I'll be in my ready room.
Commander Avery: Yeah, whatever. You unstable lazy jelliton man.

(In the Ready Room...)
Daniel: Gosh, I despise that human...
FemaleChangeling: That's because he's a solid, Daniel.
Daniel: What are you doing on my ship!?
FemaleChangeling: This is not your ship, how long have you been in command of it?
Daniel: Nine months now.
FemaleChangeling: Not long enough, you do not belong with these solids. The Link has already announced you a traitor, they are planning to destroy you now. I am giving you a chance to come back with me, my child.
Daniel: No! How did you get on my ship?
FemaleChangeling: Our transporters are more advanced than the Federation's. You don't even read my ship in your sensors. If you were with us, and not these independent solids, you would have this unlimited technology.
Daniel: Leave now, because the next time I see you...I will kill you.
FemaleChangeling: ...My-
Daniel: Computer, intruder alert. Security, to my Ready Room-
(The FemaleChangeling beams out. The security guards enter the room)
Walace: What is it?
Daniel: Cancel red alert. Just get back to sensor reading.

(On the Bridge...)
Avery: Ah, Admiral. Feeling a little jump--
Daniel(walks in): Shut up Avery.
Armond: Admiral, I'm detecting a Federation shuttle craft.
Daniel: Argh... What now? Hail them.
Armond: They just jumped Warp 6 out of communications range.
Daniel: Follow them and open a channel.
Armond: Channel open.
Daniel: Hah! You think you can escape from me. Yeah right, like you have a chance. My ship is the fastest ship in my Fleet. Let alone you are a shuttle craft. If you don't respond, I will have to ask you to lower your shields; and board your little Shuttle Craft. Heh, heh...The only thing I ask is an answer. Jeez, these humaniods.

(On the U.S.S. Lime, a Dunabe class runabout)
Ensign Dan: Sir, a federation vessel.
Commander Night Gotens: Really? Here?
Ensign Dan: It's the Pheonix, sir.
Gotens: Full stop.
(Shuttle craft descends warp.)
Gotens: Where's the Pheonix?
Ensign Dan: It seems we stopped to late. They're out of sensor's range.

[October 23rd, 2375]
(On the Pheonix-X. Captain's Quarters)
Daniel: Anyway, I met up with my old Trill friend... I thought I was rid of that Changeling... but I didn't know what I was in for...

[December 28th, 2374]
(On the Pheonix. Bridge)
Daniel: Explain yourself.
*Gotens(on screen): Sorry, we have been having technical difficulties on the shuttle craft.
Daniel: Well...
Ren: Captain, I'm detecting Jem'Hadar attack cruisers!
*Gotens: Dan, can you confirm that?
*Ensign Dan: Affirmative. I'm detecting ten Jem'Hadar ships off the port bow.

(Jem'Hadar vessel fires torpedos on the shuttle craft)

(On the Shuttle Craft)
Gotens: Shields down to 20%.
Ensign Dan: One more shot and we're...

(Jem'Hadar vessel fires torpedos towards the Federation Shuttle Craft. The Shuttle Craft is hit and explodes)

(On the Pheonix. Transporter Room)
Gotens: That was close.
Ensign Dan: Too close, I'm gonna have to talk to that Admiral.
Ensign Billy: Ensign to Admiral Daniel, we've got them.

(On the Bridge...)
Daniel: Okay...lets prepare battle...

[October 23rd, 2375]
(On the Pheonix-X, Captain's Quarters)
Daniel: We were attacked by ten Jem'Hadar ships. They had some kind of new weapon they tested on us. It messed up our instruments, but we were able to handle it. Weren't you on that mission?
Kugo: No, I was never on the Pheonix.
Daniel: Well, that's when the Pheonix was destroyed by the Jem'Hadar blowing up the star. We were saved by the Xena, and brought back to Deep Space 9.
Kugo: Yeah, that's when I was ordered from the Bautista to go to DS9 for a new assignment. I thought I was going to serve on DS9, but it was really the Pheonix-X.
Daniel: That's fate for you. The Changelings tried to destroy me, but were unsuccessful. Anyway, that brings us to what happened today...

(Earlier... On the Bridge)
Gotens: What do Tholians want with 18 crates of yak cheese anyway?
Daniel: I'm telling you, this is not the kinda mission we should be doing.
Gotens: Expecting something exciting?
Daniel: Yes, anything is better than this.
Gotens: Anything?
Daniel: Anything.
Armond: Captain, sensors indicate it's a Jem'Hadar Battle ship.
Daniel(stands): What?
Armond: It has a Tholian warp signature, but clearly, it's Jem'Hadar.
Daniel: Were the Jem'Hadar luring us?
(A Jem'Hadar ship is shown on screen. They are then hailed.)
*FemaleChangeling(on screen): Greetings...Daniel.
Daniel: ...She's back...
(Pause)
Daniel: Cut communications.
(Screen goes out)
Daniel: Raise shields.
Gotens: Captain, what are you doing?
Daniel: Lock photon torpedoes.
Gotens: Captain, I object to this course of action.
Daniel: ....Fire.

(The Pheonix-X fires torpedoes on the Jem'Hadar vessel. The Jem'Hadar ship is destroyed)

(On the Pheonix-X)
Daniel: Your objection is noted.
Gotens(sits down): How many lives do you think you just killed?
Daniel(stands): You have the Bridge.
(The Captain goes into the turbolift. The doors close)

(In the Turbolift...)
Daniel(stands patiently): Hm....
*voice: ..."Daaaaaaniellllll"...
Daniel: What the...?
(Daniel shakes his head out of it. The turbolift doors open. The Captain walks out)

(In the hallway)
Kugo(gives an electric pad to Geudeque): Here, give this to Billy, alright?
Gewdeque: Aye ma'am.
Kugo(sees the Captain cross the hallway): Captain!

(Daniel enters his quarters)
Kugo(goes up to Daniel's quarters and rings the doorbell): ....

(Inside the Captain's Quarters...)
Kugo(walks into the quarters): Daniel?
Daniel(enters the main room): Hey, Kugo.
Kugo: I just witnessed you haste to your quarters.
Daniel(sits on the couch): I'm a little stressed.
Kugo(also sits): ......
Daniel: ...What?
Kugo: I am attempting to be a good listener.
Daniel(laughs): ...Okay, are you sure you not on duty right now?
Kugo: To my current knowledge, I am sure.
Daniel: Well, it all started 500 years ago... give or take a couple decades...

(The Pheonix-X treks thorugh space on full impulse)

(Bridge)
Ensign Dan: Ummm... Commander?
Gotens: What?
Ensign Dan: I recommend a level 8 force field around Cargo Bay 4.
Gotens: Why?
Ensign Dan: 'Cause I just came from there and the whole deck is stank.
Gotens: Sorry, Ensign. There's other cargo in Cargo Bay 4 that other people need to get to.
Ensign Dan: I'm not even sure anyone is going to want thier cargo anymore ...all that yak cheese.
Red: Hey, I like yak cheese.
Ensign Dan: Yeah, you an' every other Klingon on this ship.
Red(gets up, picks Ensign Dan up and puts him in the turbolift): I don't need to relieve you, because you were just leaving.
(The turbolift doors close)
Gotens: Red, get back to your helm.
Red(walks back to helm control): Aye Commander.
Gotens(stares at a spot in the room): ...Hm...
Red(turns around): Commander?
Gotens(blinks): Either my eyesight is going, or there's some kind of spacial disturbance over there...

(In the Captains Quarters)
Kugo: That's when I was ordered from the Bautista to go to DS9 for a new assignment. I thought I was going to serve on DS9, but it was really the Pheonix-X.
Daniel: That's fate for you. The Changelings tried to destroy me, but were unsuccessful. Anyway, that brings us to what happened today...

(In the Hallway...)
(Ensign Dan walks out of the turbolift)
Walace(runs and stops at him): Did you just see a short white skinned alien come this way?
Ensign Dan: No.
Walace(continues running): Thanks.

(In the Captains Quarters)
Kugo: I heard what happened just before I saw you in the hallway.
Daniel: Kugo!!
(An arm emerges out of the wall and grabs Kugo on her shoulder)
Kugo(faints): ...Ugh...
Daniel(stands): What the--?
FemaleChangeling(emerges out of the wall): We found a weakness in your shields.
Daniel: I'm getting sick of you, you know that? ...And how do you know the Vulcan Grip?

(On the Bridge... The spacial disturbance decloaks into a Jem'Hadar Soldier)
Gotens: Red alert!
Lieutenant Elly(fires phaser at Jem'Hadar and misses): Watch out, Commander!
Jem'Hadar(First): This is the end for you.
(The First fires at the Commander and misses. The chair beside him explodes)

(In the Captain's Quarters)
Daniel: Red alert is on, it seems we already know about you.
FemaleChangeling: It doesn't matter. The rest of our Jem'Hadar ships will be here soon, to destroy us.
Daniel: But you'll be killed too.
FemaleChangeling: That won't matter. It took me all these years, my child, to finally understand that your path is not the same as ours. There's nothing I can do now, the Link has proclaimed me a traitor for sticking with you.
Daniel: So you're not here to persuade me to come back to the link?
FemaleChangeling: No.
Daniel: This better not be your new strategy... Why are you here then?
FemaleChangeling: To see you, my child, before we die.
Daniel: I hate you.

(On the Bridge)
Gotens: Damn, that was my chair!
*Ensign Billy: Billy to the Bridge. There's a Jem'Hadar intruder in my--
*Lieutenant GoyCho: Lieutenant GoyCho to Bridge, a Jem'Hadar intruder just--
*Counsillor Lucricia: Councillor to the Bridge. I just saw a Jem'Hadar...
*BOB: Bridge, a Jem--
Red(stabs the Jem'Hadar on the bridge with a Klingon knife): One down.
Gotens: It seems there are Jem'Hadar soldiers all over the ship...
Armond: We're being invaded.
Red: Commander, we've found the afloat Federation vessel.
Gotens: It's about time. Gotens to Captain Daniel, report to the Bridge.
*Daniel: On my way.

(In the Captain's Quarters)
Daniel: Call off your Jem'Hadar soldiers.
FemaleChangeling: I can't, I'm not commanding them.
Daniel: You're not? Then who is?
FemaleChangeling: Thier Vorta.
(The Female Changeling merges into the floor)
Daniel: Hey!!

(In Sickbay)
Lieutenant Walace(fires phaser beam at a Jem'Hadar entering the room): Ah!
Lox: Can't you stay here and protect Sickbay?
Walace(runs out of the room): Nope.

(On deck 15)
(A Jem'Hadar chases Ensign Dan down the hallway)
Ensign Dan(runs into Cargo Bay 4): Aaaaaahhhhhh!!!
Jem'Hadar(smells the yak cheese): ...Ugh.
(The Jem'Hadar faints)
Ensign Dan(takes the Jem'Hadar's pulse): Wha--??

(On the Bridge)
Daniel(comes out of the turbolift): Commander, report.
Gotens: The Jem'Hadar have control of decks 3 through 9, and deck 18.
Armond: We're losing some systems.
Gotens: We've also caught up to this downed ship.
Daniel: What ship?
Gotens: The Enterprise.
Daniel: What's it doing here? Why haven't we detected it before?
Gotens: It appears the Jem'Hadar ship we destroyed was using a damping field that scattered our sensors from detecting it, after we desroyed them we could pick up the Enterprise. As for the Enterprise... they were just on their way to Vulcan when they got jumped by the Jem'Hadar ship. We still haven't been able to communicate with them, their ship is badly damaged.
Daniel(looks at the Enterprise on screen): That doesn't sound right, how can only one Jem'Hadar ship do that much damage?
Gotens: I don't know, there are no other Jem'Hadar ships in sensors range.
Daniel: Take an away team to the Enterprise.
Gotens: Red, Armond, Elly, you're with me.
Daniel: Daniel to Lieutenant Wala--
Walace(enters the Bridge from the turbolift): Right here Captain.
(The four go into the turbolift)
Daniel: Where have you been?
Walace: Chasing down the Vorta.
Daniel: You caught him?
Walace: Affirmative, he's in the Brig.

(On the Enterprise. Bridge. The four beam in)
Riker(about to shoot them): I thought you were more Jem'Hadar.
Gotens: What happened?
Riker: The Jem'Hadar are taking over the ship. They have most of our decks, and they keep getting more.
Gotens: And you haven't been able to stop them?
Riker: They have a cloaking technology. They can cloak their bodies.
Gotens: Yeah, I know... Your ship is so badly damaged, but it must be from the inside...
Armond: Why haven't you answered our hails?
Riker: We have a number of systems down, including sensors, communication, and transporter.
Gotens: Okay, Armond, get to work on their systems.

(On the Pheonix-X)(Brig)
Feylou: Hello Captain.
Daniel(enters the room): I need to speak with you.
Feylou(bows): You are a Founder. I live to serve you...
Daniel: Listen, call off your soldiers.
Feylou: I'm afraid I can't do that.
Daniel: Why not?
Feylou: My orders are to maintian you here as long as possible. See, we even stopped another Federation ship to keep you here.
Daniel: I don't care, I'm giving you a direct order as your Founder.
Feylou: I'm sorry.
(Daniel looks him over and then heads for the door)
Daniel: You have not served me.
(Leaves)

(On the Enterprise. Deck 12)
Perry(firing phaser rifle): I can't hold them off any longer!!
(A Jem'Hadar hiding behind the corner fires and kills one officer)
Picard: Let's head back.

(On the Bridge)
Armond: I've managed to gain control of their Transporter system.
Data: How did you do that?
Armond: I reconfigured the aligners for the transporter buff, that made the Jem'Hadar encryption code useless. I entered a new code.
Data: Hm, excellent strategy.
Riker: We could use a person like you on the Enterprise.

(On the Pheonix-X. Bridge)
Daniel(enters): Lieutenant, report.
Walace: Good news, Captain. We've gained control of deck 14.
Daniel: Good.
Walace: But we lost control of deck 13.
Tong: Captain! We have a hull breach on deck 8!
Daniel: Evacuate deck 8.
Walace: The Jem'Hadar has taken over 5 more decks.
Ensign Dan: Oh no! What are we gonna do!? I don't wanna die!

(On the Enterprise. Bridge)
Picard(enters the Bridge): Numba One, report.
Riker: Meet Commander Gotens, of the Pheonix-X.
Picard: Hi, how are--
Armond: Communications open. Pheonix-X on screen.
*Daniel(not noticing he's on screen): Ensign Dan, you're relie--
Gotens: Captain.
*Daniel: Oh, good work.
Data: Captain, there's a fleet of Jem'Hadar Warships on an intercept course with us.
Picard: Picard to Engineering. Geordi, how is the Warp Drive going?
**Geordi(voice): I don't think I can access it.
*Ensign Dan: Two ships against an entire fleet?

(On the Pheonix-X. Bridge)
Daniel: We've done it before.
*Kugo(on the comm): Kugo to Bridge. I've regained control of transwarp.
Daniel: I didn't even know it wasn't working.
*Kugo: Oh.

(On the Enterprise. Ten-Forward)
Guinan(behind the bar): Stay away, or I'll shoot.
Jem'Hadar(sixth)(orders his soldiers): Kill her.
Red(fires phaser at the Sixth): That is one kaplah you'll never get.
(Elly and two other officers open fire on the other Jem'Hadar at the door. Guinan ducks under her bar)

(On the Pheonix-X. Bridge)
*Picard: Captain, do you think there's anyway you can create a transwarp conduit enough for both ships to fit through?
Daniel: Not that I know of...
*Data(thinks): Captains...I think there is a possibility...

(On the Enterprise. Ten-Forward)
Red(helps Guinan): Are you alright?
Guinan: Yeah, I just get a little jumpy when I see Jem'Hadar.

(Later... Conference Room. Data, Kugo, Geordi, Armond, Picard and Daniel enter the room)

(On the Pheonix-X. Bridge)
Gotens(sits): Tong, how much longer until the Jem'Hadar Fleet arrives?
Tong: Estimated time arrival... an hour. Give or take one minute.
Ensign Dan: Are we going to stand ground and fight, or run? We have transwarp, let's go.
Gotens: Not without the Enterprise.
(Suddenly four Jem'Hadar decloak on the Bridge)(The security officer opens fire)
Gotens(takes out a phaser): We have to get rid of these Jem'Hadar on the ships.
Ensign Dan(thinks): I have an idea. Computer, create, Earth Yak Cheese.
Gotens: What are you doing, Ensign?
(Ensign Dan throws the chunk of yak cheese at a Jem'Hadar. The cheese hits the Jem'Hadar in the face. The Jem'Hadar sniffs it and then collapses. Everyone looks at Ensign Dan)
Ensign Dan: It's all in the wrist.

(On the Enterprise. Conference Room)
Armond: If the Pheonix-X goes into multi-vector mode, we can surround the Enterprise and create the transwarp conduit from there.
Data: The hull of the ship would recieve considerable amount of damage. We could only maintain the transwarp velocity for a couple minutes.
Armond: After that, the structure of the Enterprise would start to fall.
Picard: I see.
Daniel: What about the transwarp core?
Kugo: The transwarp core on the Pheonix-X, more likely the second vector, would be sustaining the Enterprise as it would sustain the other two vectors. I think it will hold.
Geordi: We'd have to shut down Warp engines. Inside the transwarp conduit, we'd have to keep at a speed of half impulse to maintain the structure integrity field the three vectors that would be holding on us.

(On the Bridge...)
Troi(at communications station): Commander, I'm receiving a communication from the Pheonix-X.
Riker: Put it on.
Troy: It's from an Ensign Dan...he's saying something about yak cheese.

(On the Pheonix-X. Bridge)
Ensign Dan(cheers): Yeah!
GoyCho(high fives Ensign Dan): Wohoo!
Gotens: I can't believe this. I need an environmental suit.
Walace: We've eliminated all the Jem'Hadar on the ship! Yes!-Ugh, but it's going to take a little while longer to eliminate that stench.

(In sickbay)
Lox(looks at a Jem'Hadar lying on the operation table): This is amazing.
EMH: I know. They're allergic to yak cheese.

(On the Enterprise. Conference Room)
Daniel: Good, let's get started.
Picard: Dismissed--
(Geordi, Data, and Armond leave)
Kugo(approaches Daniel): Captain, I--
Guinan(walks into the Conference room): Captain, you can't do this.
Picard(turns around): Guinan, what is it?
Daniel(looks at Guinan): Guinan...?
Guinan: --Daniel, what are you doing here?
Kugo: You're Guinan?
Daniel: 'What am I doing here?', What are you doing here?
Guinan: I live here.
Daniel: On the Enterprise?
Picard: Guinan, why can't I do what?
Guinan: You can't do what ever it is you plan to do.
Daniel: We're going Transwarp.
Picard: Why, Guinan?
Guinan: Because there will be some deaths.
Daniel: Who? How many?
Guinan: I don't know who, I don't even know how many... maybe only one, maybe all of us.
Kugo: To what evidence do you base this conclusion on?
Guinan: There's no evidence, it's just a feeling that I get.
Picard: I'm sorry, but if we do not get this Transwarp underway, everyone on this ship will die from a fleet of Jem'Hadar.
(Picards leaves)
Guinan: It's good to see you again, Daniel.
Daniel: I'm not the real Daniel.
Guinan: You are now. You know, still look like him, but a little Vulcan too.
Daniel: It must've been all those years I lived on Vulcan.
(Guinan nods)
Daniel: I have to go, the fleet is going to be here soon.
Guinan: Good luck.
(Daniel and Kugo leave the room)

(On the Pheonix-X. Bridge)
Gotens(stands): Captain.
(Daniel, Kugo, Red, Elly, Armond beam onto the Bridge)
Daniel: I'm glad you're still alive.
Gotens: We've eliminated all the Jem'Hadar on the ship, and so has the Enterprise.
Armond: Ugh! What is that smell!?
Daniel(sits in his chair): Smell?
Gotens: Just be lucky you don't have a sense of smell, Captain.
Daniel: Computer, initiate Multi Vector Tactical Mode.
Gotens(looks at the pile of grubble where his chair used to be): I'm taking your chair Armond.
Armond(on the upper level): Go ahead, it's not like I ever sit there anyway.
Gotens(sits in the chair to the Captain's left): Why do we have a third chair when no one uses it anyway?
*Computer: Please select Tactical Pattern.
Daniel: Tactical Mode...umm, we don't even have a mode for this kind of stunt...um, Tactical Mode-Manual.
(The computer complys)

(On the Enterprise. Bridge)
Data: Jem'Hadar Attack Crusiers closing in, Mark 12, 34.
Riker: Shields up!
Picard: Geordi, are we ready?
*Geordi: Aye sir.

(The Pheonix-X divides into three and surrounds the Enterprise)

(On the Pheonix-X. Bridge)
Daniel: Kugo--
*Kugo(on the comm): Ready.
Daniel: Engage.

(Six of twenty Jem'Hadar Battle Ships descend warp and open fire upon the four vessels, the Pheonix-X's three Vectors and the Enterprise. Photon torpedoes fired from the Jem'Hadar Vessels hit the Pheonix-X's Vector 2. The three halves around the Enterprise and the Enterprise stretch and go into a wormhole-like Transwarp Conduit)

(On the Enterprise. Engineering)
Geordi(looking at the panel): Structural integredy...is holding.
Wesly Crusher: No it's not.
Geordi(looks up): Wesly!?
(A teenager and a taller man stand in front of him)
Geordi: What are you doing here? I thought you went off to other plains of existance.
Wesly: I want to know why the Enterprise is going at this velocity. It's hull wasn't created to sistain it.
Geordi: It was the only way to get out of that space, the warp drive is offline.
Wesly: I just happen to be in the neighborhood.
Geordi: Well it's nice to see you again.
Wesly: I also just found something out, and I need to warn you.
The Traveller(the taller man): We must speak to your Captain.

(On the Pheonix-X. Vector 2. Engineering)
Kugo(lookiing through sensor logs): Gewdeque, how's the Integredy field?
Gewdeque(glances at the readings): It's fine as long as the Tachion Plasma doesn't get distorted.
FemaleChangeling(emerges out of the wall): This isn't supposed to happen. I can't live as a traitor!
Kugo(turns around): Oh no, the Changeling--
FemaleChangeling(approaches Kugo to choke her): We were supposed to die for our sins!! This is all your fault!
Kugo(pushes the Changeling away): Get away from me!
(The Female Changeling loses balance and falls into the big Plasma Tube that's in the middle of the room. The glass shatters and the Orange Plasma spreads through the room. Everyone in the room vapourizes)

(On the Pheonix-X: Vector 1)(Bridge)
**Beep** - **Beep**
(Daniel turns around and looks at Armond)
Armond: Uhhh...this does not look good.
Kayl: Captain, I'm detecting a loss in Transwarp Power--

(Vector 3 explodes and crashes into the Enterprise. The left Warp Nacel of the Enterprise explodes, then the whole bottom half of the Enterprise tears apart)

(On the Enterprise. Bridge. Control panels explode and support beams fall)
Lieutenant Mark: We've just lost decks--
(A support beam falls on Mark)
Picard: Wesly!!
Wesly(looks at Picard): I don't know, I thought--
(Wesly and the Traveler disappear out of the plain of existance)

(Vector 1, Vector 3 and the Saucer Section of the Enterprise descend Transwarp)

(On the Pheonix-X. Bridge)
Daniel: Hail the Enterprise.
*Picard(on screen): Are you all right?
Daniel: Are you?

(On the Enterprise. Bridge)
Riker: We just lost the Battle Section...
Picard: Doctor Crusher... Guinan... Geordi... all dead... Guinan was right.
*Gotens: We saved more lives than we would've if we stayed.
*Daniel: Kugo...she was on Vector 2...
Ensign Mandy: Captain, there's a hull breach on deck 4!
Picard(turns around in fear): Seal it.
Mandy(taping on the control panel): I'm trying to sir...
(She continues pressing buttons)
Mandy(looks up): Unsuccessful...

(On the Pheonix-X: Vector 1. Bridge. Everyone looks at the Bridge of the Enterprise)
Ensign Dan(looking around): What does that mean?

(Suddenly the Saucer Section of the Enterprise explodes. The explosion pushes Vector 1 back, but engulfs Vector 3)

(On the Pheonix-X. Bridge. The whole Bridge shakes violently)
Gotens(falls): Aahh! Ooofff.
Kayl(yells above the noise): Captain!
Daniel: What!?
Kayl: We're losing enviromental controls. They---they're going haywire.
Gotens(starts breathing heavily): Caa-caap-
(Everyone except the Captain gasps for air. People fall to the ground)
Daniel(gets to a control panel): Don't worry everyone, I'll get us out of....
(Daniel looks around)
Daniel: Out of...
(Silence)

(The top vector, Vector 1, floats in space amoung the debree)

(On the Pheonix-X. Bridge)
(Suddenly someone appears on the Bridge)
Q: The air in here is a little thin, don't you think?
Daniel(looks at him): Who are you?
Q(smiles): I am God.
Daniel: What?
Q(laughs): You Changelings are so gullable.
(Daniel looks at him)
Q(walks up to Daniel in a mad expression): I'm Q, and you just killed Picard.
Daniel: Why are you blaming me?
Q: Because you could've prevented all this.
Daniel: No I couldn't of. How?
Q: Easy, by never leaving your homeworld!!
Daniel: How did you know--?
Q: I'm Q! I know everything!
Daniel(harshly pushes Q away): Alright, Q. If you're such a God, then what do you want? Revenge?
Q(smiles): No...I want to give you another chance. The boy, Wesly tried to give everyone a chance, but couldn't do it in time.
Daniel: Give me another chance? What are you talking about?
Q: So you can save your life, and the lives of Picard and his friends.
Daniel: But I'm still alive.
Q: Not for long, the hull of this Vector is in a process of tearing apart. I'd give you, ohhhhh, another five minutes before you're blown out into space.
Daniel: How are you going to give me another chance...?
Q: With the powers of the Q. Anymore questions you need to ask, ask them now before the hull breeches....
Daniel(nods): Okay...do it.
(Q snaps his fingers)

[February 3rd, 1879]
(Changeling Homeworld. At a crashed El Aurian shuttle craft)
Daniel(El Aurian. Blood spills from his stomach): Ugh.
(The El Aurian crawls out of the shuttle craft and lays beside a rock)
Daniel(wipes his forehead): Ugh, what a hot planet...what a wierd ocean...
(A blob of Changling Protoplasum emerges out of the great sea of changelings)
Daniel: What the...?
(The blob transforms into a humaniod shape form. The humaniod crawls up to
the injured man and stares at his face. The changeling manipulates his face
to look exactly as the man's)
Daniel: Whoa...hello.
MaleChangeling: Hello.
Daniel: Hi, I'm Daniel.
MaleChangeling: Hi, I'm Daniel.
(Pause)
(The man starts queezing in pain)
MaleChangeling(thinks, and remembers events in an alternate timeline): This is the moment Q was talking about... if I should kill you now, or save your life...
Daniel(crouches in pain): Aaarrrgghhh!!! What did you say? Ugh...
MaleChangeling: Forget Q, I'll do things the way I want. And in the future, even if I don't remember my last life... I still hope I make the same decisions.
Daniel(still in pain): Ugh. I can't hear you...I can't see you...aahh...I'm losing my sight--
MaleChangeling: Don't worry, I know exactly how to help you feel better.
(The Male Changeling walks over to some bushes and picks out some leaves)

[The next day. February 5th, 1879]
(Changeling Homeworld)
Daniel[changeling]: No, I'm not letting you kill this one too.
FemaleChangeling: Step aside, Daniel. Your judgment is clouded by anger.
Daniel: No, for once I'm seeing things clearly. Shapeshifters, changelings, whatever you call us... we're not leaders, we've become conquerors.
FemaleChangeling: Step aside Daniel.
Daniel(takes Guinan's weapon and pushes her into the shuttle craft): You step aside!
FemaleChangeling: No changeling has ever harmed another.
Daniel(rests his weapon): Good, then I guess you won't mind not shooting us down.
(Daniel runs into the shuttle craft)

[January 18th, 1983]
(In the Alpha Quadrant. On Vulcan. Daniel's house)
Daniel(talks into a screen): It's you!?
*FemaleChangeling(on the screen): Daniel, come back.
Daniel: Never.
*FemaleChangeling: We need you to take over more worlds.
Daniel: I don't care. From this day forward, I promise I will protect worlds from people like you.

[May 12th, 2234]
(Flortarios III)
Daniel(stares at the wall): I was right...
FemaleChangeling(emerges out of the stone wall): Daniel...
Daniel(holds up a phaser): ...Federation phasers are deadly.
FemaleChangeling: Please, my child...come home. We need you.
Daniel: Not for your ethics. Go away, and leave me alone for the rest of my life. Can't you see I'm not one of you?

[December 28th, 2374]
(On the Pheonix. In the Ready Room...)
Admiral Daniel: Gosh, I despise that human...
FemaleChangeling: That's because he's a solid, Daniel.
Daniel: What are you doing on my ship!?
FemaleChangeling: This is not your ship... how long have you been in command of it?
Daniel: Nine months now.
FemaleChangeling: Not long enough, you do not belong with these solids. The Link has already annouced you a traitor, they are planning to destroy you now. I am giving you a chance to come back with me, my child.
Daniel: No! How did you get on my ship?
FemaleChangeling: Our transporters are more advanced than the Federation's. You don't even read my ship in your sensors. If you were with us, and not these independant solids, you would have this unlimited technology.
Daniel: Leave now, because the next time I see you...I will kill you.

[October 23rd, 2375]
(On the Pheonix-X)
Armond: We're being hailed.
Daniel(looks at his first officer): Respond, on screen.
*FemaleChangeling(on screen): Greetings...Daniel.
Daniel: ...She's back...

(Later... In the Captains Quarters)
Kugo: I heard what happened just before I saw you in the hallway.
Daniel: Kugo!!
(An arm emerges out of the wall and grabs Kugo on her shoulder)
Kugo(faints): ...Ugh...
Daniel(stands): What the--?
FemaleChangeling(emerges out of the wall): Did you forget that we can beam
through Federation shields?
Daniel: I'm getting sick of you, you know that? ...And how do you know the Vulcan Grip?
FemaleChangeling: Don't underestimate the power of the Link.
(Red lights start blinking)
Daniel: Red alert is on, it seems we already know about you.
FemaleChangeling: It doesn't matter. The rest of our Jem'Hadar ships will be here soon, to destroy us.
Daniel: But you'll be killed too.
FemaleChangeling: That won't matter. It took me all these years, my child, to finally understand that your path is not the same as ours. There's nothing I can do now, the Link has proclaimed me a traitor for sticking with you.
Daniel: So you're not here to persuade me to come back to the link?
FemaleChangeling: No.
Daniel: This better not be your new strategy... Why are you here then?
FemaleChangeling: To see you, my child, before we die.
Daniel: I hate you.

**Pause**

Daniel: Hellooo??
Wesly(appears out of thin air): I've figured it out!
Daniel: What's going on?
Wesly: I stopped time.
Daniel: Why?
Wesly: Do you feel a little deja vu?
Daniel(pauses): Now that I think of it...yea--
Wesly: For me, time is just another platform of existence, I can go when ever I want, where ever I want. But I know now, it's not the Enterprise that I need to warn.
Daniel: Huh?
Wesly: It's you I have to warn.
Daniel: Warn? Warn me from what?
Wesly: ...Warn you not to be blinded by the passion of others.
Daniel: Huh?
Wesly(points to the FemaleChangeling): Her. What did you just say to her?
Daniel: I said....'I hate you'...
Wesly: My point. This is one of many lessens your people will one day figure out.
(Wesly disapears)

**Un-Pause**

FemaleChangeling: That won't matter. It took me all these years, my child, to finally understand that your path is not the same as ours. There's nothing I can do now, the Link has proclaimed me a traitor for sticking with you.
Daniel: So you're not here to persuade me to come back to the link?
FemaleChangeling: No.
Daniel: This better not be your new strategy... Why are you here then?
FemaleChangeling: To see you, my child, before we die.
Daniel: I haa--....
FemaleChangeling: What?
Daniel(pause): I believe you.
FemaleChangeling: You do?
Daniel: ...Yeah.
*Gotens: Gotens to Captain Daniel, report to the Bridge.
Daniel: On my way.
(Daniel looks at the FemaleChangeling)
Daniel: Call off your Jem'Hadar soldiers for me.
FemaleChangeling: I'll try, but I'm not the one in command of them.
Daniel: You're not? Then who is?
FemaleChangeling: Thier Vorta.
Daniel: Oh no.
(The Female Changeling merges into the floor)
Daniel: Good luck.

(On Deck 15)
(A Jem'Hadar chases Ensign Dan down the hallway)
Ensign Dan(runs into Cargo Bay 4): Aaaaaahhhhhh!!!-
FemaleChangeling(takes humaniod shape from the floor in front of the Jem'Hadar): Wait.
(The Cargo Bay doors close with Ensign Dan inside the Cargo Bay. The FemaleChangeling and Jem'Hadar stand outside in the hall)
Jem'Hadar(bows): I pledge my life to the Founders.
FemaleChangeling: Halt the invasion of this ship.
Jem'Hadar: Yes my lord.
FemaleChangeling: Order all the men to rendezvous here, and I will be back.

(On the Bridge)
Daniel(comes out of the turbolift): Commander, report.
Gotens(looking at a control panel): The Jem'Hadar have control of decks 3 through 9, and deck 18---waitaminute...
Daniel: What is it?
Gotens: I getting reports that Jem'Hadar soldiers are migrating to...deck 15.

(Deck 15, Cargo Bay 4)
Ensign Dan(opens the doors and sees a huge crowd of Jem'Hadar): Ooops...uhh, I'll just exit out the nearest hatch.
(The doors close)

(On the Bridge)
Gotens: We've also caught up to this downed ship.
Daniel: What ship?
Gotens: The Enterprise.
Daniel: What's it doing here? Why haven't we detected it before?
Gotens: It appears the Jem'Hadar ship we destroyed was using a damping field that scattered our sensors from detecting it, after we desroyed them we could pick up the Enterprise. As for the Enterprise...they were just on their way to Vulcan when they got jumped by the Jem'Hadar ship. We still haven't been able to communicate with them, their ship is badly damaged.
Daniel(looks at the Enterprise on screen): That doesn't sound right, how can only one Jem'Hadar ship do that much damage?
Gotens: I don't know, there are no other Jem'Hadar ships in sensors range.
Daniel: Take an away team to the Enterprise.
Gotens: Red, Armond, Elly, you're with me.
Daniel: Daniel to Lieutenant Wala--
FemaleChangeling(emerges out of the floor): There, my child, I've done what you've requested.
(Lieutenant Walace walks out of the turbolift. Gotens, Red, Armond, and Elly walk into it)
Daniel: Can I ask you something? Is there any Jem'Hadar on the Enterprise?
(The Female Changeling nods)
Daniel: Can you call them off too?
FemaleChangeling(nods): Yes.
Daniel: Daniel to Transporter Room 3. Lock ontoooo...uh, don't you have a name?
FemaleChangeling: Names aren't necessary for our people.
Daniel: Yeah, but you named me.
*Billy: Captain?
Daniel: Lock onto the Changeling in front of me and beam her to the Enterprise.
*Billy: 'Changeling', sir?
Daniel: Just do it, that's an order.

(On the Enterprise)(Bridge)
Armond: I've managed to gain control of their Transporter system.
Data: How did you do that?
Armond: I reconfigured the aligners for the transporter buff, that made the
Jem'Hadar encryption code useless. I entered a new code.
Data: Hm, excellent strategy.
Riker: We could use a person like you on the Enterprise.
(The Changeling beams in)
Riker(fires phaser at her and misses her): Intruder!!
(The Changeling merges into the ceiling)

(In Ten-Forward)
Guinan(behind the bar): Stay away, or I'll shoot.
Jem'Hadar(sixth)(orders his soldiers): Kill her.
Red(fires phaser at the Sixth): That is one kaplah you'll never get.
(Elly and two other officers open fire on the other Jem'Hadar at the door)
FemaleChangeling(emerges out from the wall): Cease fire!!
(The Jem'Hadar stop firing. The Federation Officers stop firing)
Guinan: It's you...I remember you.
FemaleChangeling: Yes, you were the one that influenced Daniel to leave our homeworld so long ago.
Guinan: Well I guess I am, so this must mean you're going to kill me for revenge.
FemaleChangeling: On the contrary, I'm grateful for you.
(The Female Changeling turns to the Jem'Hadar bunch)
FemaleChangeling: Halt the invasion of this ship. Order all the men to rendezvous here, and I will be back.
Q(appears): Hello.
Guinan: Q? What do you want?
Q: I want that walking liquid jello.
FemaleChangeling: What are you?
Q: Sorry, no time for intro's, you're due for an overhaul out of existence.
FemaleChangeling: What?
Guinan: He's right, I dunno why... But you're not supposed to be here.
Q(talking to the Female Changeling): See, in the other life time, you died...and so did everyone else on this ship. But keeping you alive, you with your new philosophies, and blah, blah, will destroy the Q.
Guinan(buds in the conversation): How?
Q(looks at Guinan): Oh, it's all this future, her destiny and stuff like that. Let's just say, if she is kept alive, she'll cause the destruction of our perfect species.
Guinan: If you're so perfect, then how did you let this Changeling to slip through your hands all her life?
Q: It's something that just happened momentarily...that boy...that Wesley did this. Well, gotta go.
(Q snaps his fingers and the Changeling and him disappear.)
Guinan(looks out the window where the Q was standing and sees the stars start moving): ...I wonder if Daniel is still alive...

(Bridge)
Picard(enters the Bridge): Numba One, report.
Riker(glances at the ceiling, then at Picard): Meet Commander Gotens, of the Pheonix-X.
Picard: Hi, how are--
Armond: Communications open. Pheonix-X on screen.

(On the Pheonix-X. Bridge)
**Ensign Dan(on the comm): The Jem'Hadar are all after me--
Daniel(talking into the air): Ensign Dan, get out of Cargo Bay--
*Gotens(on screen): Captain?
Daniel: Oh, hello.
*Data(on screen): Captain, there's a fleet of Jem'Hadar Warships on an intercept course with us.
*Picard(on screen): Picard to Engineering. Geordi, how is the Warp Drive going?
*Geordi(voice, on screen): I just need a couple more minutes.
*Ensign Dan: Two ships against an entire fleet? Oh well, we've done it before.
Daniel: And we're not doing it again.
*Kugo(on the comm): Kugo to Bridge. I've regained control of transwarp.
Daniel: I didn't even know it wasn't working.
*Kugo: Oh, then it's all good.
*Picard: ...Thank you Geordi. Captain, I believe our Warp drive is back online.
Daniel: That's good.
*Picard: And it seems that all the Jem'Hadar on the ship are going to deck 3...
Daniel: Then I guess there's nothing to do now but leave.
*Picard: Right.
(Screen goes out)
(Gotens, Red, Elly, and Armond beam in)
Gotens: That was a short trip.
Kayl: Why couldn't they fix thier own communications?
Armond(resumes his post on the upper deck): Captain, the Enterprise has
left at Warp 9.
**Beep** - **Beep**
**Beep** - **Beep**
Armond: The Jem'Hadar are dropping out of warp...
(The ship shakes)
Armond: They're firing on us. Shields down to 94%.
Red: We can't take them on, there's too many.
Daniel: Well, then I guess there's only one thing left to do...
Gotens: Transwarp?
Daniel: Transwarp.

(20 Jem'Hadar Attack ships fire at the Pheonix-X. The Pheonix-X's engines sound up, the Pheonix-X stretches and speeds away on transwarp; leaving the Jem'Hadar alone)

[The next day. October 24th, 2375]
(Bridge)
Gotens: Report.
Armond: All the Jem'Hadar on deck 15 are contained by a level 10 force-field.
Gotens: Good, we'll drop them off at a Federation prison.

(In the Captain's Quarters)
Kugo: You know, I'd like to meet that Guinan one day.
Daniel: Yeah, I haven't seen her since I lived on Vulcan, I wonder where she is right now...
Kugo: What ever happened to that other Changeling that was on the Bridge?
Daniel: I dunno, we waited for her.
Kugo(pause): You know, in a way, she was your mother.
Daniel(thinks): Changelings don't have---
Kugo: Yes, that is correct. But I'm talking metaphorically.
Daniel: I'm pretty sure that she's on the Enterprise talking to all those Jem'Hadar.
Kugo: As startling as it may seem, I would never prefer being on the same
deck with a 100 Jem'Hadar.

(Meanwhile on Deck 15. Cargo Bay 4)
Ensign Dan(talking through the door): Uhh...anyone still out there? Heloo??
Jem'Hadar? Oh damn...this yak cheese is stored all over the Cargo Bay... Hmm... I wonder if it's any good...